From EGTREJump to navigationJump to search
Bratislava - Rail Route Diagram and historical notes
Key to Map
- Black solid lines and filled circles: routes and stations open to passenger traffic;
- Red solid lines and filled circles: routes and stations open to freight traffic only;
- Dotted red lines and open circles: routes and stations closed to all traffic;
- Odb. = Odbočka = junction.
Not all stations and routes shown.
- Bratislava original station - Svätý Jur opened as horse railway 27/9/1840 (extended to Trnava 3/6/1846).
- Bratislava hlavná stanica - Devínská Nová Ves - Marchegg (- Wien) opened 20/8/1848.
- Bratislava hlavná stanica - Vajnory - Galanta opened 16/12/1850.
- Bratislava hlavná stanica/predmestie - Vinohrady - Trnava converted to standard gauge 1/5/1873.
- (Wien -) Parndorf - Bratislava-Petržalka - Bratislava-Nové Mesto - predmestie opened 1873.
- Bratislava-Nové Mesto - Dunajská Streda opened 23/8/1895 (extended to Komárno 1711/1896).
- Devínská Nová Ves - Kúty opened 27/10/1891.
- Bratislava-Petržalka - Hegyeshalom opened 9/11/1891.
- Bratislava-Nové Mesto new station built 1962, along with new connections from Komárno, Petržalka (via UNS), predmestie and hlavná stanica; old routes into original Nové Mesto station closed at this time (except from Filiálka); original Nové Mesto station renamed Nivy, later closed completely.
- Bratislava-Petržalka - Kittsee closed (? date not known), re-opened 20/8/1998 although did not see full service until May 1999.
Details taken from various sources; if anyone spots a mistake please let me know!