Poland - Older General Information
This document acts as an archive for Recent and Future Changes prior to the December 2015 timetable change.
Changes during the Timetable Period commencing 13 December 2015
- The major freight only cross border line from Węgliniec to Horka in Germany reopened after electrification on 25 November 2016, but is still not electrified on the German side of the Border. Note this line is being used for limited passenger Diversions in 2017, see the Unusual Lines entry PL17/41A
- 520 the line south from the junction towards Szymany Lotnisko to Wielbark reopened on 29 October 2016, one pair SSuO, a second pair commencing one week later. It closed again on 24 December 2016!
- 131 The branch from Gorlice to Gorlice Zagorzany reopened on 3 October 2016 with a pair on Friday and outbound early Monday
- 530/M2 An IC service each way between Kraków and Grodno (Belarus) via the Kuznica Bialystocka border crossing commenced from 4 September 2016, a portion off the Kraków <> Suwałki train
- 175 Reopening of an 8km section of the line from Fosowskie to Tarnowskie Gory from Zawadzkie to Kielcza wef 1 September 2016
- Ex 122 Three pairs a day SSuX are re-introduced between Przymsyl and Medyka on the Standard Gauge tracks wef 1 September 2016
- Ex 536 A weekend pair ran between Białystok and Waliły between 2 July and 9 October 2016, the first passenger use for 16 years
- 355 An overnight pair is booked via the Rzepin avoiding line wef 25 June 2016
- 429/440 Czerk to Kościerzyna via Bąk reopened on 25 June 2016 with use by an overnight service. Service withdrawn at the end of that Summer period.
- 537 Suwałki to Kaunas in Lithuania on the new Rail Baltica Standard gauge Line commenced FSSuMO on 17 June 2016, the separate daily PKP IC service north from Suwałki to Mockava and Sestokai has NOT resumed
- 431 the complete service between Laskowice Pomorski and Wierzchucin was bustitued from 5 June 2016. Very limited trains wef 11 December 2016
- 134 The scheduled Zagórz - Komańcza Holidays, Friday & weekend only services were extended to Lupkow when they resumed on 30 April 2016
- 100/113 A daily service using the curve from Radzice – Line 573 - Idzikowice - CMK commenced on 13 March 2016
- 520 8km south from Szczytno plus a 1.5km new line to the revamped Szymany [Olsztyn] Regional Airport opened on 21 January 2016
- 160 The Bohumin - Chałupki cross border line reopened on 18 January 2016, delayed from the timetable change date by level crossing and signalling issues. Used by three pairs of ICs, two reversing in Bohumin, the third via the Bohumin avoiding curve but these IC's are reduced to just one pair via the avoiding curve from December 2016
- 152 Chałupki via Wodzisław Śląski to Rybnik used by the above also reopened on 18 January 2016
With the new Timetable the following reopened on 13 December 2015
- 115 Grebów – Sandomierz – Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski
- 131 Stróze – Jaslo
- 134 Zagorz - Komancza [1 train in FO, out SO, return pair SuO] Occasional services were timetabled from 1 August - 27 September 2015
- 141 Local services resume on the Oswięcim – Skawina [– Kraków] line
- 147 Cieszyn - Cesky Tesin [CD]
- 175/180 Curve from Herby Nowe to podg Kalina [– Tarnowskie Gory]
- 260 Cross border services between Zgorzelec and Gorlitz in Germany, previously withdrawn on 1 March 2015
- 113 The two services from Tomaszów Mazowiecki towards Radom were withdrawn so the section from Tomaszów Mazowiecki to p odg Zapowiedz [incorrectly shown on Quail as p odg Anielin] is now only used by TLK's to/from the CMK, the section onwards to Drzewica now has no service
- 114 There are no scheduled calls at Żakowice Płd by services to/from Koluszki after 15 October 2016 which meant no passenger service use of Line 535, the link from p odg Zielen to Koluszki
- 137 Zywiec – Sucha Beskidzka
- 166 Gliwice – Bytom [except for one TLK booked to use it between 15 February to 8 March 2016]
- 322 The last scheduled TLK pair were withdrawn so no service between Wieluń Dąbrowa and Kępno after 15 October 2016
- 431a Laskowice Pom. – Wierzchucin appears to have been completely bustituted from 5 June 2016
- 530 Kuźnica Białostocka - Grodno [Belarus] but they resumed on 4 September 2016
- 550 All local services withdrawn between Chełm and Dorohusk so only now used by the overnight Warszawa - Kiev pair
- 602 Bednary – Łowicz Przedmieście Booked use ceased but some timetabled engineering work diversions during 2016,
- 604 p.odg Czachówek Południowy/Czachówek Południowy - Góra Kalwaria was first partially, and then totally bustituted with last trains 15 October 2016. Some train services resumed on 11 December 2016, with more to follow on 13 March 2017
Changes during the Timetable Period commencing 15 December 2014
- 135 An 8.6km realignment to the north of Sucha Besidska between Stryszow – Zembrzyce opened with the old formation being required for a Reservoir opened 15 December 2014
- 240/260/265 Engineering work to the west of Wrocław Głowny from 26 April 2015 resulted in numerous diversions via freight only tracks until 16 October 2015.
- 442 The new service to Gdańsk Airport opened on 1 September 2015. This involved reinstatement of an old formation from Gdańsk Wrzeszcz plus a new flyover used by through services from Gdańsk Głowny and some terminating services together with new construction near the airport itself, continuing to a triangular junction at Rębiechowo with the Koscierzyna - Gdynia line.
- 443: A service between Gdansk Wrzeszcz and Kartuzy via the Rebiechowo south curve and a 12km reopened section of line 229 commenced on 1 October 2015. There was also 1 pair of services via Sominino [reverse] SSuX in the PDF but this allegedly was cancelled before ever running
- Kraków Balice [Airport] branch services (T142) recommenced on 28 September 2015 after being suspended since 1 February 2014 whilst the line was electrified. It was thought the branch was being extended 500m nearer the Terminal Building on an existing freight branch but in fact it is a new deviation before the previous station location to the new station behind the multi-storey car park across the road from the terminal building. In addition trains from Krakow Glowny after leaving Krakow Lobzow take an existing chord up to the Line 95 flyover over the Katowice main line to run parallel to the main line on the most southerly double then single track(s) up to the airport line junction. Trains to Krakow Glowny don't take this flyover but descend to Krakow Lobzow using a newly-built chord.
- 134 Zagórz - Komańcza from 1 August - 27 September and Friday & weekend only services resumed from December 2015. There have been limited date services to Lupkow since in addition.
- 114 The 8.5km branch from Tomaszów Mazowiecki to Spała had three pairs of Sunday only trains between 5 July and 30 August 2015. These were the first scheduled passenger services on the branch since 1988
- 554 3.4km from the existing Zamość station to Zamość Wschod with an intermediate station at Zamość Starówka on the line to Hrubieszów re-opened on 14 June 2015
- 317 A regular passenger service resumed on the Narrow Gauge Line from Pleszew PKP to Pleszew Miasto on 4 May 2015. Timetable at SKPL
- 116/121 podg. Przeworsk Zach. – Przeworsk Gorliczyna (Short term summer use then engineering work diversions from 14 September until 16 October 2015)
- 131 Jasło – Zagorz (upgrade finished)
- 149 Oświęcim – Mysłowice (upgrade finished)
- 203 Nowy Świętow – Głuchołazy Miasto [Weekends and Holidays]
- 250 Lwowek Śl – Zebrzydowa [1 pair Weekends and Holidays]
- 255 Węgliniec - Lubań Słąski
The PKP fleet of Pendelinos entered service on Premium IC services with this Timetable period. The Warsaw - Wroclaw service was amended to run via the CMK &
- 100/109 Włoszczowa Płn. – Żelisławice and
- 109/175 podg. Kucelinka – Częstochowa Stradom; (Częstochowa Stradom -) Lubliniec - Fosowskie (- Opole) after upgrading.
All IR services were withdrawn after 31 August 2015 as uneconomic. For track coverage, only the Nedza avoiding curve between lines 154/160 and the direct line from Sumina - Rybnik would have lost all service but a new TLK service was introduced in its stead.
- 109 Kielce avoider from an unknown date after use by the Westbound only "Vlatava"
- former 136 (Chabówka -) Kasina Wielka - Marcinkowice (- Nowy Sącz): this line was used in summer 2016 by special trains of the Małopolskie Szlaki Turystyki Kolejowej. However, following an inspection by a PKP diagnostic train, the line was closed to traffic in September 2015. A consortium of interested parties hoped to reopen the line in 2016 and infrequent specials did indeed commence.
- 166 Gliwice – Bytom [one pair of TLK's on one day a week resumed using this line in Summer 2015]
- 173/315 podg. Wyczerpy – Chorzew Ziemkowice – podg. Borysławice (last train 15 November 2014)
- 260 All Dresden - Wrocław services were withdrawn so no service cross border from Zgorzelec to Görlitz from 1 March 2015, subsequently resumed.
- 315/430 Inowroclaw avoider [overnight use in Summer 2015 but nothing scheduled since]
- 400 Arriva had planned to run Summer services to Nowy Dwór Gdanski in 2015 but an inspection found a few hundred meters of track stolen so no trains ran and have not run since
Changes during the Timetable Period commencing 15 December 2013
- Part 230 Polanica Zdroj - Kudowa Zdrój reopened although there were periods when all services were bustituted.
- 365 when Pila to Kalisz Pomorski reopened, the short branch to Kalisz Pomorski Miasto closed
- 421 Summer weekend [Torun] - Aleksandrów Kujawski - Ciechocinek service which did not reappear in 2014/15
- 552 Summer weekend Chełm – Włodawa services resumed
- 602 Łódź Widzew – Zgierz Passenger service resumed 1st September 2014
- 832 Bohumín ČD - Chałupki PKP withdrawn [subsequently resumed]
- 335 Rzepin - Międzyrzecz withdrawn
- 537 Suwałki - Šeštokai [LT] was bustituted to allow quicker construction of the Rail Balticka freight corridor. Services resumed and extended to Kaunas in Lithuania using the new LG Standard Gauge track in June 2016
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 9 December 2012
- The Szczecin Goleniow Airport branch opened on 9 June 2013. It comprises 4.34 km of new track with a triangular junction with line 375:- line 464: P odg. Mosty - Port Lotniczy (3.867 km) and line 465: P.odg. Mosty R1 - P odg. Mosty R2 (0.473 km).
- A new 2.625 km long curve connecting line 355 from Zielona Góra with line 333 to Zbaszynek opened on 9 June 2013. Direct services between Zielona Gora and Poznan no longer need to reverse at Czerwiensk. Some local services still run via Czerwiensk
- Part 112 [Kielce] Sitkówka Nowiny - Staszów - Ocice, weekly pair withdrawn 1 September 2013.
- 166 Gliwice - Bytom local services resumed once more on 1 February 2013 but ceased again on 1 June 2013, leaving only the very limited IR and overnight TLK pair running via this route
- Part 230 Kłodsko Miasto to Polanica Zdroj opened on 9 June 2013 [see above for the remainder of the branch to Kudowa Zdrój]
- Part 315 Herby Nowe - Kłobuck passenger use resumed but ended on 31 May 2013
- Part 321 Gniezno - Wrzesnia - Jarocin: temporary restoration of a two pair weekdays train service between 13 May and 28 June 2013 caused by emergency closure of the road bridge at Nowe Miasto nad Warta on National road 11.
- 382 Koszalin - Mielno Koszalinskie and 451 Lebork - Leba have summer only services again from 29 June to 1 September 2013
- 403 Arriva show Summer only trains to Nowy Dwor Gdanski in their Journey planner
- 440 Summer only trains from Somonino to Kartuzy again between 29 June to 1 September 2013
- Part 520 Szczytno - Wielbark closed on 9 June 2013 after only a 5 month re-opening.
- Part 551a Lublin - Lubartów reopened on 10 February 2013
- 551a and extended a further 30 km to Parczew from 30 September 2013
- 105/140 The IR pair that in 2012 ran via the link between these two lines via Mackzki to call at Sosnowiec Pld are booked to call on the main line at Myslowice
- 122 Neither route between Przemyśl Gl. - Medyka - Mostiska-II has a daily service as the daytime Kiev - Przemyśl was withdrawn and the overnight Wroclaw - Kiev runs alternate nights either via the Broad Gauge gauge changer at Przemyśl or the Standard Gauge line and the SUW 2000 gauge changer at Mostiska-II
- 141 Skawina – Oświęcim
- 149 Imielin- Oświęcim [bustituted]
- 155 Wodzislaw Śł. - Chałupki
- 173/315 Zdunska Wola - Chorzew Siemkowice - Czestochowa
- 175 Fosowskie - Lubliniec for long term engineering work
- 255 Węgliniec - Lubań Słąski
- 321 Jarocin - Września - Gniezno
- 440 Bąk - Czersk
- 440 Kościerzyna - Bąk - Lipowa Tucholska as Arriva Summer only SSuO pair not scheduled in 2013
- 540/608 p.odg Jagiellonka - p.odg Targówek in Warsaw with the withdrawal of in service depot runs from Tluszcz - Warsawa Gdanska
On 31 December 2012
- 505 Bogaczewo - Braniewo as the daily TLK was withdrawn. At that time it was thought the dated use by the Gdynia – Braniewo – Kaliningrad service would resume later in 2013 but it did not so no cross border service apart from Charters either
- 536 Ełk - Olecko
Planned for closure on 28 February 2013 were 385 Chojnice - Szczecinek and 424 Chojnice – Kościerzyna but these were firstly deferred and have continued
From 9 December 2012:
- Part 112 [Kielce] Sitkówka Nowiny - Staszów - Ocice, this approx 85km line reopens with an IR Wrocław – Przemyśl shown stopping at Staszow. Eastbound Friday, returning Sunday. [see 2013/14 for withdrawal date]
- Part 114 Tomaszów Mazowiecki - Opoczno
- Part 170 Fosowskie - Zawadzkie
- Part 315 Klobuck - Herby Nowe
- Part 365 Kalisz Pomorski – Kalisz Pomorski Miasto but only a 23.41 SX arrival and 05.40 SuX departure
From 17 December 2012
- 2.2km Lublin Airport branch to Swidnik Port Lotniczy.
From 1 January 2013
- Part 520 Szczytno - Wielbark but closed in June 2013
Overview of Sparse Services based on the last Printed Timetable
The last printed timetable covered the period December 2011 to December 2012.
Previous printed timetables showed services marked with note “G”, "trains run until further notice only", which in many cases turned out to be prior warning of a service withdrawal. This annotation fell into disuse but then a Consultants Report Commissioned by PKP was published in September 2012. This recommended drastic service cuts, looking at overheads by passenger route which meant that lines with heavy freight use but sparse passenger traffic such as 173 & 315 were not listed even though passenger services using part of this line were seriously threatened, as evidenced when they were withdrawn in December 2012!
After examaning the Consultants report in conjunction with traffic data from the last seven years, on 15th February 2013 PKP with Ministry of Transport approval presented a list of 2,000 Km’s which would be closed in December 2013 with the intention of saving between 60 to 80 million zł per year. The announcement spin was that none would be totally abolished, all would be kept to minimal maintenance standards to deter scrap metal thieves etc so they can be restored if a demand reappears, quoting line 403 to Nowy Dwor Gdanski which reopened after 12 years with no trains. None actually closed by that date but to assist travelers that list of 2,000km includes current passenger services of:-
- 114 Tomaszów Mazowiecki - Opoczno
- 123 Hrebenne - Munina
- 137 Sucha Beskidszka – Źywiec [since closed and reopened!]
- 139 Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Lanckorona – Wadowice – Bielsko Biała
- 148 Bielsko Biała - Skoczów
- 250 Jelenia Góra – Lwówek Śląski - Zebryzdowa [since closed]
- 515 Szczytno – Pisz - Elk
- 554 Zwierzynec - Bełźec
Plus the recent summer only services on
- 552 Line 81 Chelm – Włodawa
- 446 Line 214 Somonino – Kartuzy
- 503a Line 254 Elbąg – Braniewo
- 403 Line 256 Szymankowo - Nowy Dwor Gdański [no service since 2014 due to missing rails]
The remaining list is a combination of those mentioned in the original Consultants Report but not now imminently threatened, or those where the complete service was marked “G” in a previous Printed Timetable which are thought to be the other passenger services under most threat of closure:-
- 105 Tunel - Sosnowiec
- 109 Kozłów - Koniecpol
- 111 Dęblin - Radom
- 113 Tomaszów Mazowieki - Radom [closed from the junction towards the CMK to Drzewica on 12 December 2015]
- 114 Koluszki - Tomaszów Mazowieki
- 115 Skarżysko Kamienna - Stalowa Wola Rozwadów [since partially closed]
- 122 Przemyśl – Mostiska II (UZ)
- 126 Ocice - Rzeszów Głowny
- 131 Jasło - Zagórz
- 132 Rzeszów – Jasło
- 141 Skawina – Oświęcim
- 151 Tychy - Tychy Miasto
- 154 Żory - Chybie [Unusual use only]
- 175 Fosowskie - Opole
- 201 Opole – Kluczbork
- 202 Opole – Nysa
- 204 Wrocław Psie Pole – Trzebnica
- 225 Nysa – Brzeg – Kedzierzyn Kozle
- 235 Legnica – Jaworzyna Śląska – Kamieniec Ząbkowicki
- 245 Kłodsko Gł. - Wałbrzych Gł
- 255 Lubań Śląski – Wegliniec
- 320 Herby Nowe – Weiluń Dąbrowa - Kępno [partially closed]
- 321 Jarocin – Krotoszyn – Grabowno Wielkie
- 328 Leszno - Wolsztyn - Zbąszyń
- 332 Luboń K. Poznania - Wolsztyn
- 340 Piła - Szczecinek
- 343 Zbąszynek – Międzyrzecz - Gorzów Wielkolpolski
- 350 Ostrów – Krotoszyn
- 356 Zielona Góra – Żary
- 365 Piła - Ulikowo
- 370 Wysoka Kamieńska - Kamień Pomorski
- 375 Kołobrzeg – Goleniów
- 381 Słupsk - Ustka [reduced to summer only service]
- 382 Kosalin - Kołobrzeg
- 382 Mśice - Mielno Kosaliński [summer only service]
- 383 Szczecinek - Słupsk
- 385 Chojnice – Szczecinek – Runowo Pomorskie
- 390 Poznań Wschod - Gołańcz
- 410 Toruń Wschodni - Sierpc – Nasielsk
- 416 Bydgoszcz Wschód - Chełmża
- 418 Kutno – Płock - Sierpc
- 424 Chojnice – Kościerzyna
- 429 Laskowice Pomorskie – Szlachta – Czersk – Bąk
- 429 Szlachta – Lipowa Tucholska
- 431 Chojnice - Wierzchuchin - Laskowice Pomorskie – Grudziądz – Jablonowo Pomorskie – Brodnica
- 451 Lębork – Łeba [summer only service]
- 500 Działdowo - Olsztyn
- 503 Gutkowo – Braniewo
- 505 Braniewo – Bogaczewo [closed 31 December 2012]
- 510 Ełk - Korsze
- 530 Sokółka - Suwalki
- 530 Kuźnica Białostocka – Grodno [Belarus]
- 535 Bialystok - Ełk
- 540 Terespol - Brest (Belarus)
- 543 Czeremcha – Białystock
- 550 Dorohusk - Chelm [all internal PKP services since withdrawn, only Kiev sleeper]
- 553 Luków – Dęblin
- 554 Rejowiec - Zawada
- 554 Zamosc – Zawada
- 555 Lublin – Stalowa Wola Rozwadów
- 556 Zwierzynec – Stalowa Wola Rozwadów
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 11 December 2011
- 116 Przeworsk avoider lost its service at the TT change but resumed later [see below]
- 170 Tarnowskie Gory – Zawadzkie - Fosowskie
- 250 Lwówek Ślaski – Zebrzydowa
- 315 The Timetable printed pair between Zduńska Wola and Konin were cancelled before commencing so no passenger use of the West to North 200/315 curve at Zduńska Wola, nor the South to West 300/315 curve at Ponetów. No service also on the intermediate section until the Dated IR “Burstyn” was timetabled on 315 direct from Chorzew Siemkowice to Inowrocław which only ran over the May Day weekend and from 7 June until 24 June when it was cancelled
- 323 Jarocin - Kakolewo
- 350 Głogów - Leszno
- 365 The Piła - Wałcz service was suspended from 21 February 2012 owing to lack of funds. Services through to Kalisz Pomorski resumed on 1 September 2012 although this was originally due to occur on 1 June 2012
- 365 Kalisz Pomorski - Kalisz Pomorski Miasto officially closed on 31 August when the Piła – Kalisz Pomorski - Szczecin service resumed although the service had been bustituted from some months before
- 384 Sławno – Darłowo
- 390 Wągrowiec – Rogozno service bustituted from 4 February 2012, then later totally withdrawn
- 421 Aleksandrów Kujawski - Ciechocinek
- 440 the one pair of summer only SSuO direct pair between Lipowa Tucholska and Bąk were in the timetable but are not believed to have run in 2012
- 452 One service from Pszczolki to Gdańsk Głowny ran for a few months early in 2012 via Gdańsk Olszynka [reverse] on the freight line to Gdańsk Port Polnocy
- 543 Czeremcha – Vysokolitovsk [Belarus]
- 601 Łodz Widzew - Zgierz
- 102/175 Rakow - Czestochowa Stradom by southbound seasonal overnight
- 102/175 Poraj - p odg. Kucelinka - Czestochowa Stradom by the northbound of the above overnight
- 105 aka Line 163 Sosnowiec Maczki - Sosnowiec Kazimierz South to West by a limited service between Krakow and Katowice booked to call at Sosnowiec Poludnie
- 109 No intermediate stations but Starzyny to Koniecpol reopened as the journey planner shows services that must use this route from other calls
- 115 Ostrowiec Swietokrzyski – Sandomierz
- 116 Sandomierz – Grebow
- 123 Horyniec - Hrebenne Zdroj (seasonal)
- 140 On Saturdays until 25 February 2012 one train from Krakow Gł to Tarnów ran via the normally freight-only lines via Nowy Huta
- 141/149 pair of overnights between Katowice – Krakow diverted via Oświęcim N to E curve from 24 June 2012
- 151 Tychy Miasto station closed and line extended to Tychy Lodowisko on 1 September 2012
- 175/320 Herby Stare – Herby Nowe curve used by the same pair of seasonal overnights as 102/175 above
- 255 Luban Slaski to both Zgorzelec and via the direct curve to Zgorzelec Miasto. Two services westbound and four eastbound serve BOTH Zgorzelec stations so need to run halfway towards Görlitz to reverse on the main line in passenger service. These show more clearly on 260
- 265 One train runs via Line 757 which connects the Legnica and Głogow lines with the junction outside the closed station of Wrocław Świebodzki
- 300/315 p odg. Zamkow - p odg. Boryslawice the E to N curve between Kłodawa – Lipie Góry
- 310/601 Warsawa – Wroclaw TLK trains took line 539 avoiding Łodz Kaliska from 1 March until 31 May, calling at a reopened Łodz Chojny instead
- 315/430 Inowroclaw Rabinek – Jaksice, the 8km Inowroclaw avoider
- 365 Piła – Wałcz service suspended on 21 February to save costs before Piła – Wałcz – Kalisz Pomorski – Runowo Pomorski reopened 1 September
- 453 3.5 km of the old Gdańsk Nowy Port branch reopened on 3 May 2012 to serve the new PGE Arena station at Gdańsk Stadion Expo. It is on the site of the previous Kolonia Gdańsk station
- 503a summer service only ran from Elbąg to Tolkmicko 1.7 – 19.7.12
- 505 Braniewo - Kaliningrad service shown as resuming 27.5 until 2.10.12
- 552 Late Summer weekend Chelm – Wlodawa service from 11.08 - 7.10.2012
- 120/555 Zamosc - Zielona Gora TLK pair diverted via the Przeworsk avoider from 3 September
- 602 the short as opposed to the long Lowicz Głowny avoiding curve was scheduled from 1 June until 15 October 2012 by diverted Wrocław - Łodz – Warsawa services
- 606/608 Warszawa Golabki – Warszawa Gdanska One SKM SSuX morning service takes this freight line rather than heading into Central Warsaw stations
- 607 The new 1.5km branch from Warszawa Slusewiec to Warsaw Lotnisko [Airport] Chopina opened 1 June 2012
- 609 Tłuszcz - Wieliszew reopens again with limited SKM Depot runs to/from Tłuszcz and the Sierpc line running in passenger service.
- 613 Warszawa p odg Jagiellonka - p odg. Targowek and Michalow – WWT – Warszawa Rembertow are used by a Warszawa Gdańska – Kiev service, first/last stop Piława
Other notable events
- Warsawa Wola station became known as Warsawa Zachodnia Platform 8 from 20 May 2012
- The long planned “Y” of high speed lines linking Warsawa with Poznan and Wrocław were cancelled on cost grounds
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 12 December 2010
- 120 Wieliczka Rynek station closed on 14 April 2011 for the branch to be cut back 200 metres to a new station named Wieliczka Kopalnia which eliminated a level crossing
- 134 ZSSK did not re-introduce their summer only Medzilaborce - Łupków service in 2011 so this cross border closed to passengers on 29 August 2010
- 536 Olecko – Suwalki
- 601 Łodz Fabryzcyna station and the section to Łodz Widzew closed on 15 October 2011 to allow construction of the new underground station and cross Łodz tunnel to commence.
- 107 Due to platform works at Krakow Głowny a small number of trains from Kielce avoided Krakow Głowny by taking the curve to Krakow Olsza to run direct to Krakow Plasów from 4 April 2011 until 5 November 2011
- 140 for the same reason there were eastbound diversions from Krakow Mydlniki via Krakow Olsza direct to Krakow Plaszów
- 100/113 Reappearance of some services via the curve to/from the CMK and also
- 114 Koluszki avoider
- 116 Przeworsk avoider
- 169 Tychy – Orzesze by a pair of TLK’s but only from 1 June to 31 July 2011
- 215 From 18 October to 9 November 2011 the Opole freight by-pass line to/from the Kedzierzyn Kozle line and Jelcz Miloszyce was in passenger use by the one pair of trains on T215 from Opole Glowny. They ran to/from Opole Groszowice to reverse
- Due to engineering works between Opole and Lubliniec, all Wrocław – Czestochowa - Warsaw services were diverted via Kedzierzyn Kozle and the southern section of the Western Katowice freight avoider between 27 April and 31 May 2011
- 310 Łowicz Głowny – Zgierz reopened on 1 October 2011
- 390 With long term engineering work closing the usual route, Golańcz services were diverted via 340 to Rogoźno and the reopened to passenger line to Wągrowiec from 1 June 2011
- 425/430 Seasonal use of the Bydgoszcz avoider from Maksymilianowo – Bydgoszcz Wschodnia
- 554/123 Rejowiec to Zawada and Bełzec reopened on April 29 2011
- 554 Stalowa Wola Centrum – Zamość reopened on 1 March 2011
- 601/603/606 With the Skerniewice – Warsawa line being upgraded, many services were diverted via Sochaszew, the curve from Bednary to Bobrowniki and the Skierniwice avoider
- 601 The Łodz southern freight line from Bedon via Łodz Olechów to Łodz Chojny regained a passenger service from 1 June 2011
- 601 When Łodz Fabryzcyna closed on 15 October 2011, associated timetable changes showed a few IR’s diverted from Łodz Widzew via the freight only line to Zgierz [reverse] to reach Łodz Kaliska.
- 100/604 The Vlatava was booked to use the curve off the CMK to Msczonow onto 604 and right through to Łuków. From some point during the year it was diverted to call at Central Warsaw Stations instead
- 604/605 Skierniewice to Msczonow, plus curve from Czachówek Górny to Ustanówek from early March 2011
- 613/608 A Friday only IR from Dęblin to Warsawa Gdańska used two curves skirting north east Warsaw from 3 March until 27 May 2011, and then due to engineering works, ten pairs of daily but mornings only KM locals into Gdańska ran this route from 1 June until 24 July, with the outbound services from Gdańska giving first passenger use for a few years of the south and non flying side of the p.odg Jagiellonka – p.odg Tagówek curve
Changes with the Timetable Period commencing 13 December 2009
If no date is quoted it was with effect from 13 December 2009
- 100/109 Wloszczowa Pln. – Zelislawice, [no Kielce – Warsaw IR's ]
- 113/114 No scheduled use of the Koluszki avoiders
- 120 No Krakow steam circles in timetable
- 131 Jaslo - Zagorz suspended from 1 January 2010 due to a finance dispute until a Jaslo - Nowy Zagorz - Chyriv (UA) service commenced from 1 February
- 132 Nowy Zagorz – Chyriv [UZ] closed on 10 November 2010 due to repeated stock damage by smugglers after only re-opening on 1 February 2010
- 134 PKP cancelled the weekend summer only Zagorz – Lupkow services due to no paths being available as the Plavec [CD] - Nowy Sacz line was blocked due to flood damage with freight diverted via this route
- 135/136 No steam from Chabowka so no services to Nowy Sacz
- 147 Goleszów – Cieszyn - Ceský Tesín [CD]
- 230 Klodzko Main – Kudowa Zdroj suspended 1 March 2010 due to condition of track
- 267 via Lubin Gorniczy from 1 September 2010
- 315 Zdunska Wola outside W to N curve to Szadek
- 321 No services scheduled via the north end connection at Jarocin
- 358 Zagan – Niegoslawice from 10 October 2010
- 505 The all year daily Kaliningrad service was suspended after running on Sunday 6 February until June - September 2010
- 514 [Olsztyn –] Czerwonka - Mragowo from 1 May 2010
- 536 Olecko – Suwalki after 31 August 2010
- 604/100 Szeligi – Mszczonów p.odg. – Pilawa The south to east curve between the CMK (Central main line) onto and then using a large part of the south of Warsaw freight avoiding line. This 133km section of 604 lost its services from the 1 September timetable as they were officially diverted via Warszawa but observations advised at least the Eastbound still turned off the CMK onto 604 and then used the west to north curve at Czachówek to reach Warsaw. Note the additional internal PKP Coaches added for Terespol – Katowice or vv journeys ended on 1 September.
- 126 [Tarnobrzeg -] Ocice - Kolbuszowa - Rzeszów
- 131 Jaslo - Nowy Zagorz to Chyriv [UZ] from 1 February 2010 [but see 2010 closures]. Note this meant still no service from Nowy Zagorz to Zagorz but this resumed on 1 April 2010
- 131/132 One FO/SuO pair ran via the Jaslo avoider between 25 June to 29 August 2010
- 154 Zory – Chybie use resumes in summer 2010
- 180 Paczyna – Lubliniec Two IR pairs Krakow – Katowice - Gliwice – Paczyna - Lubliniec – [Poznan or Szczecin]
- 214 Kartuzy to Somonino at weekends from 26th June to 31 August 2010
- 251 Szklarska Poreba Górna – Jakuszyce from 3 July 2010 and onwards cross border to Kořenov ČD on 28 August 2010
- 317 Pleszew - Pleszew Wask NG branch was to reopen 1 February 2010 by SKPL but heavy snow delayed this until 13 February
- 403 Nowy Dwor Gdanski Sat/Sun only 3 July to 29 August
- 420 one Summer only overnight pair scheduled via the Bydgoszcz "avoider" from Bydgoszcz Wschod to Maximiliano
- 440 Weirzchucin – Bak direct has extra summer only weekend Bydgoszcz – Gdynia PCC Arriva services
- 503a Malbork - Elblag - Tolkmicko - Frombork – Braniewo SuO 4 July - 29 August by Arriva
- 515 [Olsztyn Gl. -] Pisz – Elk from 2 July 2010
- 543 Bialystok – Bialystok Fabryczny this 4km reopening appeared in earlier PDF's with timings but they never ran
- 601 Due to engineering work just to the west of Warsaw Zachodnia from 20 September until 19 November 2010, slow line use was restricted and at worst hourly with peak time extras, a shuttle service ran from Peron 7 at Warszawa Zachodnia to a normally staff train only full sized platform named Warszawa Odolany in the yards/maze of lines on the north side of the main line for a bus link to/from Warsawa Wlochy and Warsawa Ursus
- 604 Czachówek Pld. - Czachówek Wsch from 1 March 2010
PKP/CD/ZSR locomotives now work deeper into neighbouring countries, for example the previous passenger loco changes at Petrovice u Karvine have been relocated to Bohumin in the Czech Republic and ZSR locos work to Katowice from Zilina.
Some Regional Authorities have invested in new or second hand Railbuses/EMU’s and line re-openings believed to be under consideration at that time were :-
- 223 Wrocław Głowny – Świdnica Miasto [blank in 2009 timetable and has not yet commenced]
- 230 Krosnowice Kłodzkie – Stronie Śląskie
- 333 Czerwieńsk – Guben [DB] timetabled for 1 June 2009 but deferred
- 358a Guben [DB] – Lubsko - Żagan
- 365 Kalisz Pomorski to Wałcz
- 381b Lipusz - Bytów
- 386 Świdwin to Połczyn Zdrój
- 416 Part Kowalewo Pomorskie to Golub Dobrzyn
- Gdansk Zaspa – Gdansk Airport - Kartuzy
Passenger services were also proposed on previously freight only lines:
- Komorów to Prusków on the separate and privatised Warsawa Surburban Railway WKD.
- Warsawa Słuzewiec – Okecie Airport [with new parts built underground]
With Poland being joint hosts of the 2012 European Football Championships with Ukraine there were plans for Katowice Airport to be connected to the PKP network but this was cancelled, and a temporary passenger service on the Broad gauge LHS was suggested but didn't happen as the stadium in Katowice was not selected.
Public consultation commenced for the planned KDP (Koleje Duzej Predkosci) “Y” of new High Speed Lines connecting Warsawa, Łodz and Kalisz with Poznan and Wroclaw with a target for completion in 2019 but this was later cancelled. However part of these plans placing Lódz Fabryczna as an underground station on a cross-city tunnel to Kaliska station for through-running onto the line to Zgierz to the north with tracks going into tunnel from Łódz Widzew proceeded.
Changes during period of timetable commencing 14 December 2008
If no date quoted it was with effect from 14 December 2008
- 105 Part Bukowno to Jaworzno Szczakowa on 1 September 2009 when TLK pair withdrawn
- 106 Koniecpol - Starzyny Service withdrawn
- 100/113 Idzikowice – Deba Opoczynska last train 4 May 2009
- 114 Tomasźow Mazowiecki – Skarźysko Kamienna withdrawn on 31 July 2009 and partially bus substituted as it crosses a Regional Boundary
- 116/121 Przeworsk avoider last train ran 31 August 2009
- 123 Horyniec Zdroj - Hrebenne bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 125 Tarnobrzeg – Dębica Local trains from 9 August and Posp services from 1 September 2009 all bus substituted
- 126 [Part 125 in Quail]: Rzeszów – Kolbuszowa bus substituted from 13 August 2009
- 131 Biecz – Jaslo on 31 August 2009
- 136 Nowy Sącz – Nowy Sącz Miasto Reopened but closed on 31 August 2009
- Part 147 Skoczów - Bielsko Biała Główna local trains withdrawn with only IC service summer dated, so no service from 2 September 2009
- 151 Tychy – Tychy Miasto
- Part 154 Chybie – Zory service withdrawn 1 September 2009
- 200/315 p.odg Borszewice – podg Dionizow East to North curve at Zdunska Wola with new scheduled use
- 230 Międzylesie – Lichkov ČD reopened after Electrification
- 235 Nysa - Kamieniec Zabkowicki lost local services so was used only by a pair of dated winter/summer Posp’s until withdrawal on 1 September 2009
- 245 Wałbrzych Gł - Kłodzko Gł The reopening shown in the timetable was delayed slightly due to uncompleted infrastructure works.
- 246 Brzeg – Nysa reopened
- 249 Legnica – Jerzmanice Zdroj reopened with a daily service, this was quickly reduced to FSSuO and then withdrawn totally on 30 August 2009
- 252 Lubań Ślaski – Zgorzelec reopened but closed on 31 August 2009
- 315 initially showed no local services south of Ponetów [meaning the curve from p odg Dionizow to Zdunska Wola would have lost all passenger use] but the timetable was re-issued on 17 December with two Zdunska Wola – Ponetów – Kutno daily pairs using the curve from Ponetów to Zamków on T300. These only ran until 9 January 2009 when they were cut back to Kraski.
- 315 In the 2009/10 Timetable there are no services from Herby Nowe - Chorzew Siemkowice – Zdunska Wola Karsznice - Ponetow - north to east 315/300 curve so the last train ran on 1 September 2009. Additionally no services via
- 315 Zdunska Wola N to E curve 315/310 p odg. Dionizów – p odg. Boryslawice with a last train 1 September 2009 or
- 300/360 the Warsawa – Szczecin pair via the Poznań northern freight ring were diverted to call at Poznań Głowny from 1 March 2009
- 321 summer overnight Jelenia Gora - Gdynia via Ostrow was confirmed as using the north end connections at Jarocin but a starter from Jarocin towards Krotoszyn has 10 minutes rather than 9 to Golina so is thought to be a reopening of the line southbound from the east side platforms
- 355 Summer only service via Rzepin avoiding line cancelled before running
- 430 Nowa Wies Wielka – Bydgoszcz Wschód on 1 September
- 431 Part Brodnica – Dzialdowo bus substituted 2 September 2009
- Part 514 Mikołajki – Ełk service withdrawn 31 August 2009
- 554 Rejowiec - Zawada / Zamość - Hrebenne bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 556 Stalowa Wola Pld. – Zwierzyniec bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 557 Bełzec – Zwierzyniec – Zamosc bus substituted from 1 September 2009
- 604 Luków – Pilawa Local services withdrawn again
- 608/613 Timetabled summer only pair via P odg Warszawa Gocławek – P odg Warsawa Antoninów rerouted before running in 2009
- 100/109 A pair of IR trains via the curve between Żelisławice and Włoszczowa Poludnie [FO out, MO return] so use resumed on 4 September 2009
- 204 Wrocław Psie Pole – Trzebnica branch reopened 20 September 2009
- 267 part Lubin Gorniczy – Rudna Gwizdanow reopened
- 333 Czerwiensk - Guben [DB] timings from 1 June 2009 were published but this did not commence
- 345 The Berlin – Warsawa overnight is rerouted via Kostrzyn, Pila and Bydgozscz rather than Poznan and Frankfurt Oder
- 361/370 The Szczecin Dąbie avoiding curve has a reinstated summer only service
- 403 Szymankow - Nowy Dwór Gdański limited dated service by Arriva PCC from Malbork between 4 July and 29 August to link with preserved NG line
- Part 415 Kwidzyn - Grudziądz from 1 March 2009
- 420/430 Bydgoszcz Wschód - Maksymilianowo A pair of summer only overnights were diverted via this route from 19 June 2009
- 601/420 Łodź Widzew – Zgierz dated overnight pair listed but were cancelled before they ran
- 604/605 The 1.8km connecting curve from Czachówek Poludniowy - Czachówek Wschodni is used by four pairs of trains from Warszawa Wschodnia - Góra Kalwaria [one continuing to Pilawa] from 1 June 2009
Scheduled steam services
The world famous daily scheduled steam services from Wolsztyn continue following a 5-year subsidy program agreed in 2008 and these are identified in the timetable by Pictograms. The agreement sees two daily steam powered pairs on table 328 as listed on www.parowozy.com.pl/fahrplan.htm subject to short notice change with daily reports available on this locally run website in Polish and German at www.parowozy.com.pl/newsd.html Steam engine Pictograms appear elsewhere in the timetable on specified dates on 120 on a circuit round Krakow [but these are not thought to have run] and from the steam museum at Chabówka on 135 to Zakopane and 136 to Dobra k. Limanowa, from Wolsztyn via 330 to Wrocław, 340 for the annual train from Poznan to Kołobrzeg on 30 May 2009 [no longer continuing onto the closed non-passenger Harbour branch], 426 for the Jazz festival train to Zakrzewo Złotowskie on 11/12 July 2009, and from Gdynia on 400 on five dates and 440 on eleven dates.
Changes during the 2008 timetable period
- 100/109 Service via curve between Żelisławice and Włoszczowa Poludnie Last train 8 December 2007 [See 2009 section for later service]
- Part 306, part 308, 309 SKPL Narrow gauge passenger services radiating from Krosniewice were withdrawn on 31 March 2008 after a number of deferments.
- Part 353 SKPL NG Scheduled service between Sniaty and Wielichowo withdrawn from a new timetable on 1 January 2008. The last train would have run on the last day of school term prior to Christmas.
- Part 353 SKPL NG Scheduled services withdrawn from Śmigiel to Sniaty on 28 March 2008
- 360/370 Szczecin Dąbie avoiding curve. Summer only use not scheduled so last train on 2 September 2007, but resumed in 2009
- Part 415 The service between Grudziądz and Kwidzyn was withdrawn on 31 January 2008 due to poor condition of track. Resumed from 1 March 2009 with Arriva PCC
- 105 Part Bukowno to Jaworzno Szczakowa with a Warsawa – Olkusz – Gliwice TLK SSuX pair. Withdrawn 1 September 2009
- 166 Gliwice - Bytom from 31 January 2008
- 247 The cross border line from Trutnov/Královec in the Czech Republic to Lubawka reopened on 5 July 2008 with a Summer weekend only service using PKP DMUs. Services were popular and extended until 12 October 2008 when suddenly withdrawn following an objection from the Polish Regional Authorities that the units they had subsidised purchase of should not be operating into the Czech Republic. The disagreement was resolved and the service operated again in 2009.
- 250 Part Lwówek Śląski to Zebrzydowa
- 267 Part Legnica - Lubin Górniczy A reinstated local service resumed from an unknown date slightly later than the timetable change in December 2007
- 300/315 North to East curve between p.odg Borysławice and Kłodawa
- 300/315 West to South curve between Barłogi and Ponętów with a very limited dated scheduled service. Withdrawn in 2009
- 300/360 A Warsawa – Szczecin pair again diverted via the Poznań northern freight ring avoiding Poznań Głowny. Withdrawn again 1 March 2009
- Ex 317 Part. SKPL The Narrow Gauge line from Pleszew Miasto to Pleszew Wąsk on 1 May with three pairs SSuX. Withdrawn from later unknown date
- 335 Part Rzepin to Międzyrzecz
- 355 Summer only service via Rzepin avoiding line
- 382 Msice – Mielno Koszalinskie The timetabled seasonal reopening from 31 May 2008 was delayed but commenced on 19 July and ran until 31 August
- Part 416 from Bydgoszcz to Chelmza on 13 November 2008
- 418 Part Płock – Sierpc
- 420/430 Ex 416 Summer only use resumed with pair booked via Bydgoszcz Wschod
- 431 Part Brodnica – Dzialdowo A daily pair re-introduced after last trains had run on 2 September 2007. Closed again on 1 September 2009
- 511 Ketrzyn - Wegorzewo A private Company advertised and operated timetabled services on SSuO and Holidays between 20 July and 31 August 2008. These ran again on reduced dates in 2009.
- Part 515 Szczytno – Pisz on 1 January 2008
- 608/613 Timetabled summer only pair via P odg Warszawa Gocławek – P odg Warsawa Antoninów to avoid reversing at Warsawa Wschodnia
Other significant changes
- 122 The Krakow - Kiev train pair were shown reinstated from 31 May 2008 with timings suggesting use of the standard gauge route from Przemysl and gauge changer at Mostiska 2, but 2009 travellers report continued use of the Przemysl gauge changer westbound
- 151 Part Tychy – Tychy Miasto Timetabled services from 1 September 2008 did not resume until the 2009 Timetable year
- 300 The “Jan Kiepura” overnight ex Warsawa was extended to Amsterdam
- 345/355 Timetabled diversions from T300 on the rebuilding of the river bridge at Frankfurt via the north to west curve at Kostrzyn on listed dates.
- 365 The timetabled services were bustituted but trains resumed from Pila to Walcz from 1 September
- 367 Szczecin Głowny – Trzebież Szczecinski The timetabled seasonal reopening from 21 June to 31 August SSuO was cancelled
- 536 Ołecko - Suwałki service now all year-round
- 604/100 Luków – Pilawa - CML A day coach added between Katowice and Terespol to the previous sleeper only Praha – Moscow service
The operation of all Posp trains [those in red in the printed timetable] were transferred to PKP IC with effect from 1 December 2009 with corresponding changes to ticket availability.
Changes during the 2007 timetable period
- Part 115: Tarnobrzeg - Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski No service in published timetable and it is believed the daily service had been withdrawn from an unknown date in late 2006
- Part 131 Local services between Biecz and Jasło withdrawn again from unknown date, leaving just one dated Stróże – Zagórz pair
- Part 154: Chybie – Zory The 2006 Summer only pair were not listed in the 2007 printed timetable. Therefore no service after 4 September 2006 until reinstated on 1 June 2007. Withdrawn again 1 September 2009
- Part 215: Opołe Gl. – Bispupice Oławskie service withdrawn 9 December 2006, but reinstated on 1 February 2007
- 245 Walbrzych Gl.- Klodzko Glowny Withdrawal on 2 September 2007. Reopened January 2009
- 246: Nysa – Brzeg service withdrawn 9 December 2006. Reopened December 2008
- Ex 317 Part. SKPL operated passenger services ceased on the Narrow Gauge line from Pleszew Miasto to Pleszew Wąsk on 26 March 2007. Later reopened and closed again!
- Part 320: Wieluń Dąbrowa – Kępno service withdrawn 9 December 2006, later reinstated on 1 June 2007
- Part 410: Torun Wschodni –Sierpc closed for the third time on 1 February 2007, but reopened to the same timings as before on 12 March 2007
- Part 431: Brodnica – Dzialdowo All local services withdrawn on 1 February 2007 leaving just one summer only pair between 23 June and 2 September 2007. Closed again 1 September 2009
- Part 515: Szczytno – Pisz closed on 1 February 2007. Reopened 1 January 2008
- 602 Łowicz Główny – Zgierz Local services withdrawn on 9 December 2006 and booked for use by a summer only service until 3 September 2007. It is believed local trains had by then been reinstated but were withdrawn again on 30 September 2007 due to poor track condition. No use in 2008.
- 126 [Part 125 in Quail]: Rzeszów - Kolbuszowa on 1 March 2007
- 268 [Part 206 in Quail]: ČD corridor trains commenced calling at Głuchołazy station in Poland from the 10 December 2006
and from 27 January 2007 two pairs of cross border weekend and Summer trains from Nysa re-opened the line from Nowy Świętow to Głuchołazy.
- 315 Chorzew Siemkowice and Zdunska Wola Local services resumed on 10 December 2006
- Part 358 Żagań to Niegosławice on 10 December 2006
- 359 Żary to Węgliniec on 10 December 2006
- Part 365 Piła Główna – Wałcz on 1 February 2007.
Other significant changes
- 113 Radom – Drzewica The daily Lublin – Poznan train was re-routed, but the line remains in passenger service as local trains had been reinstated on 1 September 2007. Summer only Kielce – Słupsk ran this way in 2009
- 230 Miedzylesie to Lichkov [ČD] Temporarily closed on 6 May 2007 for electrification works. Reopened 7 December 2008
- 320/360 Diversions via Poznan Franowo continued but some were additionally scheduled to use Poznan Kobylepole – Zieliniec from 27 October 2007
- 418 Kutno - Płock None of the local services shown in the timetable under note F ran after 9 December 2006 leaving just a daily pair to and from Poznan. Local services later reinstated on 15 October 2007.
- 604 Luków – Pilawa Two SSuX local train pairs re-introduced in addition to use by the non-stop Praha – Moscow pair.
- 609 Part Radzymin - Tłuszcz: Reduced to one daily pair except in peak summer.
Changes during the 2006 timetable period
- 131 [part] The branch from Gorlice Zagórzany to Gorlice closed on 19 June 2006
- Part 136 Rabka Zdroj -Tymbark - Nowy Sacz closed to regular passenger services on 18 June 2006, with earlier bus substitution between Rabka Zdroj and Tymbark from an unknown date
- 429 [part] Czersk – Bąk Closed on 31 March but reopened on 1 June 2006
- 503a Elbląg – Braniewo Closed on 31 March 2006
- 113 Radom – Drzewica A daily Lublin – Poznan train commenced using this route on 1 June 2006
- 142 Kraków Mydlniki – Kraków Airport [Balice] Conversion of a freight-only line to passenger use which opened on 26 May 2006
- 250 Jelenia Góra – Lwówek Śląski was bus substituted until one of two pairs were reinstated as a train sometime in May 2006
- 317 [part] The 4km Narrow Gauge line from Pleszew Miasto to Pleszew Wąsk reopened from 17 September 2006 with Town Council financial support, services by SKPL. Later closed and reopened again!
- Part 365 Ulikowo – Kalisz Pomorski plus
- Part of 364 [2km of a long closed line from Kalisz Pomorski to Kalisz Pomorski Miasto re-opened on 1 September 2006
- 410 Part Sierpc – Nasielsk had trains reinstated on 1 June 2006 following long term bus substitution
- 535 Part Olecko to Suwalki, re-opened on 24 June 2006
- 609 Legionowo to Tłuszcz [weekends only from 3 June and daily service from 3 July 2006]
Other significant changes
- 122 After an incident at the SUW2000 gauge changer at Mostiska 2 in the Ukraine on 3 October 2006, the through Kraków – Kiev service was interrupted and a change of train from Standard to Broad gauge was required at the PKP border station of Medyka. This continued until 29 October 2006 when the change of train was moved to Przemyśl meaning the only passenger service using standard gauge tracks from Przemyśl to Mostiska 2 had been withdrawn.
- 131 Local services between Biecz and Jasło were withdrawn on 31 March 2006 leaving just a dated pair over this 18km section. A daily local pair was reinstated from 3 September but withdrawn again on 9 December 2006
- 133 The restriction where only Polish and Ukrainian citizens could use the Krościenko border crossing was lifted on 1 February 2006
- 245 Walbrzych Gł.- Kłodzko Gł all local services withdrawn on 31 March 2006 leaving just a summer dated pair.
Changes with the timetable commencing 11 December 2005
- 115: Grebow – Wielowieś
- 215: Jelcz Laskowice – Biskupice Oławskie
- 332: Wolsztyn – Konotop [Timetabled mushroom pickers trains withdrawn]
The following unusual routes also closed to passenger services:
- 102/175: Częstochowa avoiders
- 107/135: Kraków Batowice – Kraków Olsza – Kraków Płaszów
- 131/132: Jasło avoiding curve
- 300/315: Barłogi – Ponętów
- 608: [Warszawa Wschodnia] – p odg Targówek – p odg Jagiellonka – [Warszawa Gdańska]
- 100/109: A service resumed over the north-to-west curve connecting the CMK with the Kielce - Częstochowa line. Later withdrawn on 9 December 2007.
- 152: Cross border service from Chałupki - Bohumin (ČD) resumed
- Regular services were reinstated over the short section on 321 from Jarocin station to the junction from 320 as one pair of trains from Krotoszyn terminate/commence at Jarocin.
- 321: Krotoszyn to Milicz so the complete line from Krotoszyn to Oleśnica across the Regional Boundary was now reopened.
- Increased service over 109 between Koniecpol and Starzyny in comparison to the southbound train on just one day in 2005.
- A train service resumed throughout between Chabówka and Nowy Sącz on 136, replacing the partial bus substitution Since withdrawn again.
- The overnight Warsawa – Praha via the cross border on 230 between Międzylesie to Lichkov (ČD) was withdrawn and replaced by a day Poznan – Praha service.
- The sleeper service between Warszawa and Brussels was diverted from Köln to Frankfurt [Main].
- The Suwalki to Sestokai in Lithuania service on 537 resumed daily operation.
Changes during the timetable period commencing 12 December 2004
- 113 [Part]: Radom – Drzewica
- 161: Fosowskie – Kluczborc
- 557 [Part]: Hrubieszów Miasto – Zamość
The following unusual routes also closed to passenger services:
- 130/131: Stroze avoiding curve
- 300/360: the Northern ring avoiding Poznan Glowny
- 300/Ex 398: the southern Poznan ring route via Poznan Franowo.
- 366 [Part]: Szczecin Zdroje – Szczecin Podjuchy
- 607 [Part]: Łódź Widzew – Zgierz
Many other closures were proposed to take effect on this date so no timings were published in the timetable, but funding was eventually provided and a service still continues into 2006. Note some services were actually withdrawn but then reinstated.
- 131: Gorlice Zagórzany – Gorlice [no trains in printed timetable, timings on web site from timetable change date, and services continued]
- 321 [Part]: Krotoszyn – Grobowno Wielkie [Service withdrawn 11 December 2004 but reinstated between Milicz and Grobowno Wielkie from 7 February 2005. Krotoszyn to Milicz reopened on 11 December 2005
- 350 [Part]: Glogów – Leszno [bus substituted on 11 December 2004 but trains recommenced on 7 February 2005
- 410: Lipno – Sierpc [service was withdrawn on 11 December 2004, no trains in printed timetable but reopened from unknown date late 2004/early 2005 with 2 pairs]
- 410: Sierpc – Nasielk [Bus substitution withdrawn on 11 December 2004 so no entry in printed timetable, but buses resumed from unknown date in late 2004/early 2005]. Planned that trains will resume some time in 2006
- 415 [Part]: Kwidzyn – Grudziądz [no trains in printed timetable, timings given on web site from timetable change date until 5 February 2005 but they have continued]
- 429: Bąk – Czerk no trains in printed timetable, but services continued throughout
- 431 [Part]: Brodnica – Dzialdowo Service was withdrawn on 11 December 2004 but reopened from 7 February 2005
- 440 [Part]: Koscierzyna – Lipowa Tucholska [Printed timetable showed trains throughout period, web site originally showed trains only until 5 February 2005 but later changed to daily with revised timings.]
- 451: Lebork – Łeba [Printed timetable showed trains throughout period, web site originally showed trains until 5 February 2005 and resuming for the summer but later changed to all year round service]
- 453: [Gdańsk Glowny] – Gdańsk Stocznia – Gdańsk Brzezno [no trains in printed timetable, web site correctly showed trains continuing until 24 June 2005 when pre-planned closure occurred]
Significant timetable changes
- 102/175: As per the > and | route indicators, it was confirmed by travellers that both routes between Częstochowa Stradom and Poraj were in use in 2005.
- 107 [Part]: Koniecpol – Starzyny reduced to one Pilgrim train southbound on one day, 25 August 2005 [Note service increased in 2006]
- 114/601: If the > and | route indicators were accurate, the services avoiding Koluszki used the alternative route via Słotwiny in 2005 but this was not confirmed.
- 120: Dated F category steam trains on a circuit round Krakow via the Nowa Huta freight only lines introduced
- 120: Krakow to Wieliczka Rynek service was converted from EMU to Railbus plus dated but F category steam specials
- 123: Horyniec Zdroj – Hrebenne reduced to 24 June – 31 August 2005 only
- 123: Hrebenne – Rawa Russka [Ukraine] reduced to run summer only commencing on 24 May but later completely withdrawn
- 131/132: Reinstatement of service via the Jasło avoiding curve between 25 May to 31 August 2005
- 133: All trains to/from Chirow [Ukraine] diverted to run to and from Sanok via the previously freight only side of the triangle no longer serving Zagórz
- 136: F status Steam specials shown between Chabówka – Dobra k. Limanowej did not run due to a landslip.
- 260: Additional DB worked trains across the border from Gorlitz to Zgorzelec, confirmed as terminating in the platform on the closed line towards Lubań Śląski
- 267: Legnica to Rudna Gwizdanów Local services withdrawn leaving just a pair of overnight Regional trains between 24 June and 5 September 2005
- 270: A new combined table for Legnica – Zary – Forst, previously shown as 260 and 358
- 321/323: Two pairs of Leszno - Gostyń - Jarocin trains shown as continuing to Gneizno on B days via a connection at the north end of Jarocin station.
- 332/ex 348: Mushroom pickers specials ran to Konotop from Poznan via Wolsztyn on Saturdays in June and September 2005 as listed in the footnotes to the timings on 332
- 368: Introduction of a Szczecin to Amsterdam pair via Tantow and Berlin
- 390: Part Reinstatement of trains between Golancz – Wagrowiec
- 429/440: Reinstatement of services over the short link from Lipowa Tucholska to Szlachta
- 608: Two trains continuing from Warsawa Wschodnia to Warsawa Gdanska via a reinstated to passenger service curve
Other significant changes
- 123: Hrebenne – Rawa Russka [Ukraine] withdrawn after service on 3 July 2005
- 134: Summer only service between Zagórz – Lupków reduced on 14 June to FSSuO
- Ex 201: Opole Gl – Kluczbork reopened on 3 October 2005 with three pairs daily
- 230: Czech Railways introduced two pairs of weekend and bank holiday local services across the border from Lichkov to Międzylesie in February 2005. Only the overnight Praha – Warsaw used this route previously
- 246 ex 221: Nysa – Brzeg reopened from 7 February 2005
- 250: Jelenia Góra - Lwówek Śląski bus substituted from 29 June
- 270: Local services from Tuplice across the border to Forst in Germany were replaced by buses from 12 January until 21 November 2005 as the temporary DB approval for the new PKP Railbus used expired. The only service using this route in this period was the 6 days a week Berlin Zoo – Krakow “Wawel” International train.
- 315: Local services to/from Inowroclaw resumed running direct to Zdunska Wola Karznice from 12 October 2005
- 366 [Part]: Szczecin Zdroje – Szczecin Podjuchy. A daily service resumed 3 October 2005 but did not survive into the 2006 timetable
- 384 ex 381: Sławno and Darłowo reopened originally for a summer period from 20 June but later extended to 30 September, and then to December 2005 and the service continues
- 453: [Gdańsk Glowny] – Gdańsk Stocznia – Gdańsk Brzezno Service withdrawn on 24 June 2005 as per long term closure notice
- 535: Elk – Olecko reopened from 18 February 2005
- 537: The Warsaw - Suwalki - Vilnius [Lithuania] sleeper service was withdrawn and replaced by a timetable listed bus service after 27/28 May, leaving just a daily pair scheduled until 2 October on the Standard Gauge tracks from Suwalki to Sestokai in Lithuania. At the last moment they continued running on FSSuO and days around Bank Holidays.
Changes during the timetable period commencing 14 December 2003
146 [Part]: The curve from Chybie to Chybie Mnich 160 [Part]: Chałupki - Bohumin (ČD) [Reopened 11 December 2005]
Significant timetable changes
- 105: No service listed between Bukowno and Jaworzno Szczakowa. Local trains had been withdrawn on 6 October 2002 but a summer only westbound overnight was shown using this route in 2003. This timetable was the first confirmation that passenger services ceased with the last running of the summer only service on 1 September 2003
- 112: [Kielce] Sitkówka Nowiny – Busko Zdrój closed on 10 October 2004
- 115: All local services withdrawn between Sandmierz and Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski on 10 October 2004
- 122: Przemyśl - Medyka A new cross border service was introduced on three days a week from Krakow to/from Kiev via the standard gauge tracks of 122 and a new gauge changing facility at Mostiska 2 in the Ukraine. Additionally, the timetabled standard gauge local service was withdrawn on 31 March 2004, but it is suspected trains continue as unadvertised staff trains as the main users were railway transhipment yard workers. Confirmation would be welcomed. Two pairs of Broad Gauge services to/from Przemyśl continue.
- 134: Zagórz to Łupków closed on 31 March 2004, but reopened on 1 May 2004 with this and the ZSSK operated connections across the border into Slovakia reduced to summer only from 1 May, later further reduced to FSSuO from 14 June 2004
- 136: Train services from Novy Sacz were restored onwards from Limanova to Tymbark on 1 September 2004 with buses onwards to Chabówka.
- 146 [Part]: Pawlowice Śląskie – Strumien closed 13 December 2003, reopened 5 January 2004, closed again 31 March 2004
- 206: [Nysa] – Nowy Swietow – Głuchołazy Zdrój closed 31 July 2004
- 230 [Part]: [Klodzko] – Krosnowice Klodzkie – Stronie Śląskie Bus substituted from 15 March 2004. Buses later withdrawn from unknown date.
- 240 [Part]: Boguszów Gorce Wschód – Mezimesti [ČD] Closed 13 December 2003, reopened 5 January 2004, closed again 31 March 2004
- 247: The Lubawka branch trains [Table 247] were diverted to run to/from Jelenia Gora rather than to/from Walbrzych via a reversal at Sedzislaw. Trains then replaced by buses from 4 May 2004 and even these buses were withdrawn on 11 December 2004
- 315: Local services between Inowroclaw and Zdunska Wola Karsznice diverted via a previously freight only curve to Zdunska Wola for better connections with Łódź - Ostrow trains on table 200.
- 320b: Timings for a proposed reopening from Ostrzeszow to Grabow n. Prosna by private operator SKPL were shown under Note F but these never operated and the table has not appeared in later timetables.
- 321: Trains withdrawn from the short section from Jarocin station to the junction with the curve from Table 320 on 31 March 2004 [Note : Service reinstated 11.12.2005]
- 323: [Leszno] – Kąkolewo – Jarocin closed 31 March 2004, later reopened on 1 September 2004
- 361: Stargard Szczeciński – Pyrzyce closed 31 March 2004
- 365: [Stargard Szczeciński] – Ulikowo – Kalisz Pomorski closed 30 June 2004 with a bus service provided from 1 September 2004
- 390 [Part]: Bydgoszcz – Kcynia Trains replaced by buses from 4 May 2004, buses withdrawn 11 December 2004
- 390 [Part]: Kcynia – Golancz – Wagrowiec Service withdrawn on 30 April 2004, with Golancz – Wagrowiec reopened 12 December 2004
- 395: Inowroclaw – Znin Trains replaced by buses from 4 May 2004, buses withdrawn 11 December 2004
- 410 [Part]: Sierpc – Nasielk Trains replaced by buses from 1 June 2004
- 416: Bydgoszcz – Bydgoszcz Fordon Service withdrawn 30 April 2004
- 424: Chojnice – Kościerzyna Trains replaced by buses from 13 April 2004 but reinstated initially just for summer period from 1 July 2004 but have continued
- 429 [Part]: Czerk – Bąk closed 31 March 2004 but reopened 10 May 2004
- 429/440: The pair of summer trains via the short link between Szlachta - Lipowa Tucholska did not appear in the 2004 timetable so services were withdrawn on 28 September 2003. Later reinstated on 12 December 2004.
- 541 [Part]: Hajnówka - Cisówka Trains withdrawn from 19 April 2004 with bus replacement only as far as Siemianówka. Buses withdrawn from unknown date.
- 604: Pilawa – Lukow local trains withdrawn from 3 August 2004 leaving only passenger use by a pair of non-stop International services
- 900: The timetabled listed sleeper service from Warszawa to Brussels eventually ran beyond Köln from 13 June 2004 on delivery of new sleeping cars.
Changes during the timetable period commencing 15 December 2002
- 260 [Part]: Rokitki – Chojnow
- 453 [Part]: Gdansk Brzezno - Gdansk Nowy Port
Significant timetable changes
A separate International section was included in the timetable.
- 136: Chabowka – Nowy Sacz Services resumed from 17 March 2003 but ceased very soon afterwards due to a landslide.
- 136: Reopened between Nowy Sacz and Limanowa on 2 April 2003
- 343: Zbaszynek to Gorzow resumed on 1 September 2003 after previously closing in Autumn 2002.
- 441: Sominino - Kartuzy Service withdrawn on 31 January 2003
Changes during the timetable period commencing 10 June 2001
This was the period of standardisation of most European timetable changeover dates to Winter.
The cross-border section of Table 151 Zwardon to Cadca in Slovakia opened to electric traction.
Table 552 Chełm - Włodawa closed on 11 November 2002 after a previous closure and re-opening.
The following closed at the end of September/start of October 2002 on slightly varying dates:
- 138: Wadowice – Trzebinia
- 260: Luban Slaski – Zgorzelec/Zgorzelec Miasto
- 318: Kępno – Oleśnica
- 333: Czerwieńsk - Gubin – Guben (DB)
- 343: Zbąszynek – Gorzów [but reopened on 1 September 2003]
- 358: Żagań – Głogów
- 359: Żary – Węgliniec
- 367: Szczecin Glowny – Trzebież Szczeciński
- 512 Korsze – Bartosyce closed on 1 July 2002.