Poland - Tram services over obscure routes
Some tram systems advertise their depot workings and enable one to ascertain the regular use by passenger-carrying services of junctions or sections of line that do not otherwise see public service. This occasional series lists such services that have come to notice. While the data for each system is current at the date stated, it is not the intention to endeavour to keep every entry up to date at every service change - the listing serves as a guide for travellers as to the sort of services they can look out for, enabling them to check current published timetable material at their time of travel.
To assist in tracing services, the route and/or timetable number for each journey is shown in parentheses, e.g. (1). Days of operation are in English notation (respectively: Su, M, T, W, Th, F, S) - plus "O" for only, "X" for excepted. Su (Sundays) usually includes public holidays in mainland Europe - but check locally.
Listings for other systems throughout the world - in the same format as shown below (please include date of timetable validity) - will always be welcomed.
From Timetable dated 29 August 2020 PDFs The new connecting line from Zbożowy Rynek to Rondo Kujawskie is due to open on 6 December 2020. This will also see the start of regular services at Szarych Szeregów over the west to east, and the newly built west to south curves.
Rondo Toruńskie south to west and north to south curve at Babia Wieś loop
Use of these rare sections will cease on 5 December 2020.
- Route 2: Engineering work in connection with construction of a new line from Zbożowy Rynek to Rondo Kujawskie has closed the section from Rondo Jagiellonów to Babia Wieś so trams to/from Wyżyny (Pętla) use this curve and double run to a loop at Babia Wieś. At Babia Wieś the normal east and westbound tracks split significantly so only the west end north to south curve connecting the separate tracks is unusual.
Wyżyny (Pętla) is not the normal southern terminus of route 2 [usually to/from Rondo Kujawskie]. The turning circle at Wyżyny was previously not travelled in passenger service as the stops were before and after the loop but a new stop has been built on the loop for route 11 to use from 6 December 2020. A correspondent advises route 2 terminates/starts from this new stop and uses the loop from the east from an unknown date in 2020 until 5 December 2020. From 6 December 2020 the loop will be in use from the west by new route 11.
Rondo Fordonskie South to East
- Route 7: No evening service after 19:00 Daily. The route map produced for the new Network on opening of additional lines in 2023 shows no service via this curve.
Perlowa South to East
- Route 9: Limited services between approximately 05:00-08:00, 12:45-17:00 and 21:30-22:30 SSuX plus late evening Depot Runs on other routes. See the route 9 PDF
Niepodległości (Pętla) South to East
- This side of a triangular junction was seen to be shiny in June 2017 suggesting Depot runs to/from Łoskoń [as per footnote A in eastbound routes 7 and 10 PDFs] would run via this curve. Note they only do so if they call at stop Niepodległości (Pętla) first and despite the distance between Niepodległości and Niepodległości (Pętla) being just 200m and it quicker to run direct, local sources advise the services in the timetable do run via Niepodległości (Pętla). Journeys quoted in the timetable are listed here so any reports from travellers would be appreciated by the Compilers.
- route 7: from stop Niepodległości at 08:56, 17:02, 18:52, 19:12, 19:50 SSuX 18:52, 19:12 SO 18:23, 18:53 SuO
- route 10: from stop Niepodległości at 18:55, 19:15 SSuX 18:35, 18:55, 19:15 SO 18:46, 19:16 SuO
Timings for journeys coming into service from Łoskoń on routes 7 or 10 via this curve to Niepodległości Pętla were not previously shown in the PDFs but are in timetables dated 1 March 2020.
- route 7: from Łoskoń at 04:35, 04:55, 05:04, 05:15, 14:05 SSuX 08:55, 09:15 SO 09:12, 09:42 SuO
- route 10: from Łoskoń at 05:06, 05:28, 07:11 SSuX 08:53, 09:13, 09:33 SO 08:49, 09:19 SuO
All of Niepodległości (Pętla) turning circle including the west to south curve can be done in passenger service on routes terminating at the Pętla as the same stop is used for arrivals and departures.
The Depot is accessed by a triangle in-between Równoległa and Powstańców Śląskich stops and there are arrival and departure platforms (Zajezdnia MPK) just off Aleja Niepodległości and outside the gates to the depot. Note that only the section south of the Depot is operating until the end of 2020 due to major refurbishment work so the Depot south to east curve is in regular use (up to 6 minute interval service). During the first phase of reconstruction, when the southern routes were being rebuilt, the north to east curve was in regular use. The timings below applied before the reconstruction work, so the curves may be available when reconstruction is completed.
South to East curve:
- Route 1 from stop Plac Orlat Lwowskich at 08:06 [A], 18:41 [B], 19:20 [A], 19:41 [B], 20:18 [A], & 23:10, 23.30 Daily
- Route 3 from stop Estakada at 10:28 [A], 18:52 SSuX, 19:52 [C], 19:54 [A], 22:59 SuX, 23:19, 23:39 Daily
North to East curve:
- Route 1 ex Fieldorfer-Nila from stop PKP Osob at 19:55 [A], 22:46 and 23:26 Daily, Route 3 23:16 & 23:36 Daily
Notes [A] SSuX and daily in June [B] SuX and daily in August [C] SO and daily in August
From a Timetable dated 10 November 2017 on the opening of the new link line between Lutego - Grota Roweckiego.
Robotnicza/Alstom East to North
Significantly reduced scheduled use as route 4 and 5 are diverted to use the new line.
- Route 2: 22:56 SuX 22:57 SO
Note these timings are from one stop before this single track curve at Królewiecka - światowid as no details were displayed at Robotnicza/Alstom where these journeys go off route towards Zjazdowy [the Depot]. No details for journeys leaving the Depot were displayed at appropriate stops but as the crossovers at the junction were shiny it is assumed they exist.
None identified in normal timetables dated January 2017. A long term diversion via two curves at that time are not shown in use on a map dated 7 December 2019.
From stop information displayed in June 2017 dated 1 February 2016. Only north - south Route 2 now operates but as the Depot is located off this route adjacent to the PKP station entrance, a 1.3km link previously used by Routes 1 and 3 from Dworzec Glowny to Al. 23 Stycznia can be travelled on in service Depot runs. Note the only on-line PDF gives nothing but timings from the north and south route 2 termini so these are either departure times from the stop at the station or from timings shown for part route terminators on route 2.
Dworzec Głowny - Al. 23 Stycznia East to South
- Route 2: Dworzec Głowny to Pętla Rzadz at 04:33 04:48 05:12 05:32 05:57 SSuX 04:35 08:17 08:47 SO 04:54 SuO
- Route 2: From Pętla Rzadz departing Al. 23 Stycznia South to Dworzec Głowny at 19:16 SSuX, 20:38, 22:48 Daily 23:08 SO & 23:09 SSuX
Dworzec Głowny - Al. 23 Stycznia East to North
- Route 2: Dworzec Głowny to Pętla Tarpno at 04:38, 04:57, 05:22 SSuX, 04:44 05:04 06:14 07:14 11:48 SO 04:54 05:14 08:14 12:27 SuO
- Route 2: From Pętla Tarpno departing Al. 23 Stycznia North to Dworzec Głowny at 13:31 16:21 17:05 SO 19:21, 19:36 SSuX, 20:21 Daily, 22:28 SO, 22:48 Daily
Katowice: KZK GOP
Depot runs keep their original service numbers but with the details displayed as additional panels on off route tramstops. Timetables here The following were as at timetables in August 2020 and a visit in October 2018. As at August 2020 the only unusual/different workings from 2018 is the loop at Biskupice Pętla is in use from the east by route 30 due to works between there and Biskupice Zamkova on the route between Bytom and Zabrze.
Katowice Plac Wolnosci
Officially only route 0 is advertised to take a complete circuit of Plac Wolnosci from the east in service using the rare short north to south connection on the west side of the square, but from observations any tram terminating at Plac Wolnosci will also carry passengers around the square.
Katowice Plac Miarki
- Trams to/from Brynów use different streets north of this stop, with trams terminating at Plac Miarki [or at August 2020 on through journeys on routes 0 & 23] using a short connecting curve between the two tracks.
Chorzów Stadion Śląski Pętla
- There are separate loops 400m apart with curves allowing turnbacks in both direction and a third track parallel to the usual running lines [but at a lower level] connecting the two loops. As at August 2020 routes 0, 11 & 23 enter from the Katowice direction and run via the eastern loop and the third line to layover on the western loop before using the remainder of the western loop on Departure.
Katowice Rondo avoiding curve
- Was in use by route 33 in October 2018 but no such service in August 2020.
Łagiewniki Targowisko West to North
- Was in use by odd Depot runs on route 9 in October 2018 but no use indicated in August 2020.
Szombierki Kościół South to West [west of Bytom]
- Was in use by route 10 in October 2018, but in August 2020 this route was no longer running and timtetables indicate use by just one route 19 ex-Depot run. The timing shown is from Bytom Olimpijska, the last stop before the curve at 04:19 SSuX, 04:10 SO which will also do the complete loop at Bytom Szkoła Medyczna.
Bytom Plac Sikorskiego - Bytom Kosciol sw. Trojcy
- Route 38: The above is the link on/off an isolated 1.34km shuttle in Bytom. This connection sees use by a daily journey in passenger service and timings from 9 July 2020 departing the main tram terminus in Bytom at Plac Sikorskiego at 05.28 SSuX, 09.28 SSuO or from Bytom Kosciol sw. Trojcy at 19.32 Daily, both journeys to/from Stroszek Zajezdnia Depot.
Route 38 was famously operated by a double ended Konstal 416N tram built in 1949 or 1951 until 14 March 2020 when it was suspended due to Corona-virus. When the service resumed on 9 July, the Konstal was swapped in a mid-morning ceremony to a brand new low floor single car tram. Note there are plans to build two new curves, southbound a "right-hand turn into ul. Sądowa and then a left-turn from ul. Sądowa into ul. Powstańców Śląskich" so r 38 can be extended around the town centre loop to the main tram terminus at pl. Sikorskiego. The route would then be increased to a 2 tram service and plans as at Autumn 2020 are for one to be a new tram and the other a Konstal.
- All tracks of routes terminating at Chorzew Ratusz have been relocated to Chorzew Rynek and to a new stop alongside Bytom - Katowice routes 6 and 19 so the previous rare curve entries no longer exist. There are new connections but none are in use in August 2020 due to route closures in Chorzew.
As at October 2018. No off route Depot runs are shown in on-line or stop timetables and there were no SSuX or rush hour only routes at that time. The following were identified during travels:-
Kombinat North to South
A route 73 from nearby Nowa Huta tram Depot to Kopiec Wandy Pętla [aka Fort Matilda on maps] appeared on the North stop departure screen and ran in service via this curve leaving at 15.33 on a Thursday. See below re use of the Pętla and Temporary use of this curve from November 2018.
Kraków Głowny North to West
- Night route 69: It is unclear from stop information if this may actually be a bus route, information would be appreciated by the Compilers. If a tram, all journeys, half hourly in both directions from stops Dworzec Głowny and Stare Kleparz between approximately 23.50 and 04.00 daily
Dajwor multi-street loop
- Tourist Route 0: On line timetable states 4 journeys run only on "Holidays".
Connection from Kopiec Wandy to Kopiec Wandy Pętla aka Fort Mogila turning loops
- Tourist Route 0: : On line timetable states 7 journeys run only on "Holidays".
This large loop is located where a line crosses over another by bridge but can be accessed from both. Access from the higher level is via a 200 metre long north to east connecting line but note there are no set down or pick up stops on the loop from this direction as the stop named Kopiec Wandy is before the junction and from 17.11.2018 this was in use by diverted route 22 as Kombinat - Walcownia was closed due to poor track condition. Routes 16 & 44 from the low level lines can be travelled to Kopiec Wandy stops located just on and at the end of the loop. A map to assist is here.
Timetables from 1 September 2020. MPK Company website A part of this sizeable network is likely to be closed for engineering work on any visit. As at Autumn 2020 five lines in the city of Łódź are long term closed due to poor infrastructure in addition to the four Urban routes as listed below. These are shown bus substituted on the tram map as at August 2020 [although dated 1.3.2020:-
- 1 & 6 Wojska Polskiego/Franciskanska - Doly
- 3 Skrzydlata - Marysin Warszawska
- 7 Gdanska Logionow - Koziny
- 7B & 43 Gdanska Legionow - Wlokniarzy/Legionow
- 13 Pilsudskeigo/Smiglego-Rydza - Smiglego-Rydza Przybyszewskiego & Smiglego-Rydza/Dabrowskeigo - Slaska
Trams going off route will display "GAJ" instead of their route number and inbound to Depot journeys are listed on-line. To find these click on any route in the list in the above link, [routes running to an altered route will be in red]. Click on a stop name and this will show all timings with those going off route with an x or y suffix. Click on that specific timing and it will display the route taken to reach the Depot. It would appear those running from a Depot to line of route are not listed anywhere!!
[Zamenhofa -] north to south to Mickiewicza - Żwirki/Piotrkowska - west to north curve at junction of Kpt. Franciszka Żwirki and Piotrkowska [- Piotrkowska Centrum]
Some time between August 2014 and June 2017 all north south and vv services across Tadeusza Kościuszk/Adama Mickiewicza were diverted via a north to east curve to a cross platform interchange with east west routes at a revamped and roofed Piotrkowska Centrum and a new section of route south along Piotrkowska St. See Google Streetview and toggle dates The old tracks were left in situ with no scheduled service but by September 2020 most were in use by a limited service using this section plus a new west to north curve anti-clockwise to reverse direction.
- route 3A departing Zamenhofa every 15 minutes SSuX between 06:49 - 08:36 and 14:51 - 16:51. Note there are other southbound departures from Zamenhofa with note y in the timetable but they are booked to call next at Piotrkowska Centrum rather than Mickiewicza en route to GAJ Chocianowice. After running via the rare north to south curve to stop Mickiewicza trams layover for up to 10 minutes before proceeding. A September 2020 traveller was allowed to stay on board during the wait but for anyone not permitted to do so and only requiring the new west to north curve the tram can be joined at stop Żwirki/Piotrkowska on the loop.
Kościuszki/Zielona south to east
- route 2 to GAJ Pomorską at 18:29, 20:27, 23:12, 23:28, 23:48 SSuX, 20:51, 23:33 SO 21:11, 21:17 SuO or route 11B at 22:58, 23:18, 23:38, 00:02 SSuX 15:58 SO 23:12, 23:32, 23:58 SSuO
Piłsudskiego Śmigłego-Rydza west to north
- route 8 to GAJ Pomorską from the stop before the junction at Przędzalniana at 19:02, 23:02, 23:20, 23:37 SSuX 22:23, 23:08, 23:28, 23:48 SSuO, or route 10A at 19:10, 20:55, 21:15, 21:35, 21:55 SSuX only or route 10B at 18:30, 20:35, 23:18, 23:38, 23:52 SSuX only
The four long Urban routes
All are/were considered under threat of closure.
- 41 to Pabianice was bus substituted as at September 2020 but finance for refurbishment has been obtained. This followed a period of closure from 14 May until 31 October 2017 when a full service resumed, that was suspended from at least December 2019 beyond stop Cegielniana (Ksawerów). By September 2020 there is no tram service beyond Chocianowice IKEA.
- 43 West of Zdrowie to Lutomiersk closed from 2 March 2019 due to condition of track. As at November 2020 reinstating a service as far as Konstantynów is making progress as the relevant local Authorities have signed a letter of intent to Tender. Lutomiersk is not part of this process and reinstatement beyond Konstantynów is doubtful as they are allegedly content with the quicker bus service... Note this withdrawal also meant a section in Łódź city centre from Wlókniarzy Legionów to Legionów closed and it was noted without wires in September 2020.
Beyond the northern Łódź city boundary at Helenówek was bustituted from February 4 2018 due to condition of the infrastructure meaning closure of
- 45 to Zgierz Plac Kilińskiego and
- 46 to Ozorkow but the Press in Autumn 2020 reported that work to re-open line 45 to Zgierz has now commenced for completion by the end of 2021.
The wiring on Line 46 beyond the junction at Zgierz Kurak to Ozorkow has been dismantled, allegedly to "protect the interests of the local government" before it was stolen, and re-instatement to Ozorkow is still thought unlikely.
Unusual curves listed first from the October 2020 timetables, then Depot use as at October 2018, others, then the 2020 Tourist Tram. Poznan is a large system with no fewer than six Grand Junctions, normally with 15 day and one night routes plus a summertime circular 0 using historic vehicles. System map as at 17 October 2020 here Use this link for the MPK timetable PDFs.
Towarowa I and [Towarowa II recently renamed Poznań Glowny]
This ½ km connecting line that normally has no service is back in use from 17 October 2020 by diverted route 2. It was previously used from 17 - 31 August 2020 by route 2 again plus in at least 2018 by summer Tourist Route 0 [see below].
Pólwiejska west to south
A street closure sees use of this curve by route 10 from 17 August 2020 plus by route 2 from 17 October 2020.
Glowgowska/Hetmańska North to East
Route 11 to from the new branch at Unii Lubelskie has resumed an old routing via this curve. It has in recent years run via Rondo Rataje
Traugutta South to West
Journeys to Zajezdnia Glowgowska from Dębiec on route 9 at 23:08 Daily or route 10 at 09:45, 18:24, 18:48 & 20:48 SSuX.
Note after the above curve that it is not possible to also travel Glowgowska/Hetmanska East to south as there is no stop after the curve before the Depot Access Line [but see Tourist Route 0 below]. For the same reason it is not possible to travel the west to south curve at Glowgowska/Hetmanska on route 1,6,7 or 17 Depot Runs.
Route 15 sets down and picks up at separate platforms on the loop beyond the stop of the same name used by trams to/from Junikowo.
Rondo Starołęka East to North
Night Route 201 is the only service via this curve which runs only in a clockwise direction. From 1 September 2020 it does NOT run on Monday or Tuesday nights. Services depart the Most Teatralny stop north of Poznan Glowny at 23:03 and half hourly until 03:33 or Rondo Starołęka East at 22:59 and half hourly until 03:59 SSuX plus from Most Teatralny at 23:03 & 23:33 and Rondo Starołęka East at 22:59 and half hourly until 23:59 SO.
Tourist Route 0
2020 dates extended until 30 September with a revised route. The entries are in the order of traversal.
Plac Wielkopolski street loop
All Journeys start/finish here and as the official pick up is at a stop on the main road, it was possible to completely travel the sizeable street loop but only on arrivals. Departures are at 11:30, 13:00, 14:00, 15:30 & 16:30.
No use scheduled in 2020 so the short connecting curve where daytime routes split to travel different streets is not served. Previously used by just two route 0 journeys.
This now closed Depot is used for storage of the Tram Museums vehicles and all Route 0's use the north to west Depot access/exit line to run past the tram shed.
Glowgowska/Hetmańska East to south and Museum Glogowowska
Only by the 11:30 from Plac Wielkopolski and what this actually involves at Glogowowska is not confirmed.
Rynek Jeżycki south to east
All Route 0 Journeys in 2020 until 30 August. Not used in September due to a road closure.
As per timetables at various dates from August 2015. Timetables are not on the Tramwaje Szczecin website but at http://www.zditm.szczecin.pl/pasazer/rozklady-jazdy,wedlug-linii
Ul. Dworcowa loop
Note this is a clockwise only single track street loop which logically is being scheduled as the quickest way to reach the relevant Depot. Note that only the Route 2 entries are shown in the PDF's as doing the complete loop in service so for the others there is a stop of the same name on Route 6 at which you may be asked to leave the tram.
- Route 2 towards Zajezdnia Golęcin departing Wyszyńskiego at 19:25 19:45 20:05 on Sundays and public holidays before a working day, except for summer holidays. These are the only services that have PDF timings into and out of this loop, and continue to traverse Plac Rodła South to East
This journey has a PDF footnote advising the tram continues to Zajezdni Golęcin via Plac Rodła but its PDF timings stop at Dworcowa
- Route 3 departing Wyszyńskiego at 23:07 SSuX
This journey has a PDF footnote advising the tram Terminates at Dworcowa
- Route 8 departing Wyszyńskiego at 20:26 SSuX 18:26 SO 23:16 Daily
Plac Rodła South to East
- Route 3 From Pomorzany towards Zajezdnia Golęcin at 20:27 23:20 SSuX
Additionally the timetable footnote advises a tram from Las Arkoński towards Zajezdnia Golęcin via Dworcowa loop may run this way but its last PDF time is arriving at Dworcowa at 23:09 SSuX so it is not clear if this will continue onwards via this curve in service
- Route 2 towards Zajezdnia Golęcin departing Plac Rodła at 19:33 19:53 20:13 on Sundays and public holidays before a working day, except for summer holidays. These also have PDF timings shown for running via the Dworcowa street loop.
Plac Szarych Szeregów avoider, i.e. South to North curve
- Route 3 off-route towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów South at 20:01 SSuX plus not summer holidays
- Route 4 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów South at 17:44 SSuX
- Route 5 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów West at 20:19 23:15 SSuX 18:19 22:39 22:55 23:15 SSuO
- Route 7 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów West at 11:50 19:02 20:10 SSuX 19:49 SSuO 22:50 23:05 23:25 Daily
- Route 12 towards Zajezdnia Pogodno departing Piastów South at 08:32 08:44 08:56 10:32 17:26 17:50 18:44 SSuX
Piastów South to West
- Route 4 between approximately 07:10 - 17:10 SSuX
Brama Portowa West to North
- Route 10 between approximately 05:35 - 19:50 SSuX 08:50 - 17:30 SSuO
None as per a visit in June 2017 although a Vintage Tram was seen on a Tour. In Summer/Autumn 2020 part of the northern of the two east west cross town routes was closed between Odrodzenia and Sienkiewicza with reduced service levels including diversions. Route 1 used two rare curves at Mickieiwicza south to north and north to west to/from Uniwersytet and route 2 the not normally used in service north/south city centre connecting line via stop Uniwersytecka (PKS) [but only southbound towards Motoarea]. It is not stated in the timetables as at 1 September 2020 how long these diversions last.
A huge system with a strong possibility of rare sections in use at any time. The timetables can be located here, route numbers 40 and above are temporary and the entries below are with effect from 31 August 2020. A route map dated September 2020 is here. Select any route and a stop list in one direction is loaded, the double arrow button changes route direction. Once loaded click on any stop name to display a list of journeys and those off route are suffixed with a letter. Select that trip and all timings are displayed plus a line indicating which stop the tram goes off normal route.
On stops before junctions there are arrows alongside each route number to indicate the direction trams take.
The Metro Mlociny track layout is a diamond shape with triangles at the north and south apexes. Trams run anti-clockwise round the diamond. The arrival platform from the north (lines 2 & 6) is on the NW side and the main departure platforms are on the SE side. Lines 10 & 33 do almost a complete circuit on departure, with the exception of the NW - NE curve of the south triangle, which is done by line 2 (and probably 6) on departure from the single platform on the SW side.
Metro Płocka east to south
- from stop Zajezdnia Wola on journeys to Rogalińska at 09:40, 09:58, 10:03, 10:10, 10:22 SSuX on route 9, 09:43 SSuX route 20, 09:38, 10:02 SSuX route 23, 09:34, 10:01, 10:25 SSuX route 24 09:10 SSuX route 27 08:58 route 28 SSuX plus numerous journeys after 18:22 to end of service SSuX. At weekends only in the evenings after 18:34
Nowowiejska west to south
- from stop NIK towards GAJ Mokotow at 09:36, 19:32, 21:55 SSuX 23:25, 23:45 Daily on route 7, 20:54, 21:03 SSuX 19:44 SO 23:53 SuO on route 9, 18:29, 22:39, 22:59, 23:07, 23:19 SSuX 19:09, 23:07, 23:19, 23:27 SSuO on route 25
Pl. Narutwicza loop
A large loop around a square with an internal loop with Route 1 short workings from Ochota-Ratusz to Pl. Narutwicz roughly every 12/15 minutes daily which reach the terminus stop on the East side via the south side north to east curve, and then on returning towards Ochota-Ratusz via the south to west and east to north curves. Note that East to south routes 14 & 15 split to run on either side of the square.
Rondo Waszyngtona east to north
- route 9 from stop Berezyńska to Wojnicka at 23:33 Daily
Woronicza loop & East to North curve
Any tram terminating from the north has its final and first stops after the east and north junctions respectively. Due to these stops straddling a very busy road junction it appeared acceptable to remain on board and traverse the complete loop to alight at the Departure stop. In Oct 2017 a route terminated here but there is not one in Autumn 2020.
Zajezdnia Wola north to west
- departures from stop Młynarska to Rogalińska at 09:36, 09:48, 18:46, 20:41, 23:25 SSuX 23:18 SO 23:16 SSuO on route 24. Note all these journeys will also travel Metro Płocka east to south
As per the timetable from 29 August 2020. This is a system of over 250 track km's with numerous curves or lines not in regular use or only used for a few journeys a day. Wrocław was first databased following a visit in October 2015 so some in use then but not in August 2020 remain listed for reference. For timetables go here and any route not running its regular route is highlighted. After drilling into the required route the page displayed will show both directions alongside each other with all off route journeys listed further down the page. Alternatively from an example route, select Wyszystkie Przystanki to reach a list of stops. Drilling down into this gives departure times.
In the list below, the entries are listed alphabetically to a nearby or its last stop before any rare section. Any journeys travelling more than one section of rare track are linked by identical symbols.
9 maja - Hala Stulecia
A connecting line between two branches in the north east of the City with triangular junctions at either end.
- 9 maja north to south and Hala Stulecia north to west: only clockwise route 0P from 22 August 2020 for an unknown period
- 9 maja north to south and Hala Stulecia north to east: Route 4 but only eastbound towards Wrocław Zoo from an unknown date in Summer 2020
Arkady North to East
- Route 7 from Arkady north to Zajezdnia Gaj at 10:09, 20:48, 00:29 SSuX
- Route 20 from Arkady north to Zajezdnia Gaj at 21:23, 21:35, 23:16 SSuX, 23:15 SSuO
- Route 20 from Dworzec Glowny (Stawowa) towards Lesnica at 04:14, 04:29, 04:44, 05:11, 13:30 SSuX, 05:55 SSuO
In regular use by routes 8 and 9 from 7 November 2020 to "end of January 2021" due to work at Glowny.
Arkady South to West
- route 4 from Zaolziańska to Oporów at 04:04, 04:26, 04:31, 05:03 SSuX 05:52 SSuO
- route 11 from Zaolziańska at 12:49, 13:17, 13:58 SSuX, plus numerous very early journeys
- route 15 from Zaolziańska at 04:29
- route 31 from Zaolziańska at 04:19, 04:31, 04:40, 04:46, 04:49, 05:01, 05:06, 05:19, 13:27 SSuX 04:36, 04:38, 04:56, 04:58 SSuO
- route 33 from Zaolziańska at 04:09, 04:14, 04:24, 04:34, 04:39, 04:44, 04:54, 06:06, 06:07, 13:48 SSuX 04:06, 04:29, 04:46, 04:48, 05:03, 05:06, 05:18, 07:03, 15;53 SSuO
- route 74 from Zaolziańska at 04:34, 04:53 SSuX
- route 5 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 18:34, 23:13 SSuX & route OL 23:58 SSuX
- route 11 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 09:37, 11:19, 18:14, 18:24, 20:21, 20:42 SSuX 23:27, 23:47, 00:03, 00:07, 00:27 Daily
- route 31 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 11:27, 20:46, 21:06 SSuX, 23:23, 23:50, 00:00 Daily or route 74 at 22:31 SSuX, 23:04, 23:22 Daily
- route 33 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek 11:33, 20:25, 21:16 SSuX
- route 74 from Arkady West to Zajezdni Borek at 20:36, 23:04, 23:22 SSuX 22:31 SSuO
Dyrekcyjna East to South
- route 8 from Joannitów to Tarnogaj at 04:47, 05:04 14:21 SSuX 04:40, 05:00, 05:05, 05:25 SSuO
- route 8 from Joannitów to Zajezdnia GAJ at 20:21, 20:48, 23:12 SSuX, 23:32 & 23:42 Daily
- route 9 from Joannitów to Park Południowy at 09:50 SSuX
- route 16 from Hubska (Dawida) for Zajezdni GAJ at 09:44, 18:47 SSuX, 22:34 Daily, 22:56 SSuO, 23:00 SSuX [$]
- route 16 from Sanocka towards Stadion Olimpijski at 04:51, 04:53, 05:43, 06:04 SSuX, 05:28, 05:55 SO, 06:15, 07:15 SuO, 09:01 SSuO [$]
Katedra - Ogrod Botaniczny
A connecting line with no regular service with triangular junctions at each end.
- Katedra east to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to west: From Katedra east on route 2 at 09:24, 09:51, 18:52 SSuX plus route 10 at 18:24, 18:55, 20:37 SSuX, 23:43, 00:16 Daily [^]
- Katedra south to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to east: Northbound only diverted route 2 and 10 from 22 August 2020
- Katedra south to north - Ogrod Botaniczny south to west: From Na Szańcach on route 16 at 04:27, 04:35, 05:51 SSuX, 05:05, 05:25 SO, 06:25, 06:45 SuO plus from Katedra south on route 16 to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 23:04 SSuX [^]
An alternative partly single track route of around 500 metres length between Dmowskiego and Pomorska in the North west part of the City Centre including a river bridge 50 metres to the north of the usual tracks on routes 0, 14 and 24.
In 2015 and at least until 28 August 2020 it was scheduled for limited use, with trams arriving on one route, a layover and continuing as a different route. However from 29 August 2020 no scheduled use could be found.
Piastowska north to east
- only clockwise route 0P from 22 August 2020 for an unknown period
- Route 16 from Prusa towards Stadion Olimpijski at 04:38, 04:51, 13:43, 14:16, 17:23 SSuX
- Route 16 from Grunwaldzka towards Zajezdnia Ołbin at 17:44, 18:08, 18:36, 20:39 SSuX, 22:28 SSuO, 22:48 Daily
Piastowska west to south
- Northbound only diverted route 2 and 10 from 22 August 2020
Pomorska - Dubois
A connecting line between two north south routes normally with no regular service with triangular junctions at either end
Pomorska west to east to Dubois west to north:
- from Pomorska west to Zajezdni Ołbin at 20:07, 22:36 SSuX 23:08, 23:25 SSuO on route 74 and 23:05 Daily on route 20 [@]
- from Dubois towards Lesnica at 03:46, 03:57, 04:14, 05:04 SSuX on route 10 [%]
Pomorska north to east to Dubois west to north [these do not call at any tram stop at Pomorska]:
- from Pl Staszica to Zajezdnia DĄBIE on route 2 at 04:19, 04:51, 05:11 SSuO or 04:09 SSuX, 04:07, 04:27 SSuO on route 9 to Sępolno, 04:47 SSuX on route 16 to Tarnogaj [~], 04:56 SSuO on route 17 to Sępolno [~] and 04:43 SSuX, 08:18 SSuO on route 10 to Zajezdnia DĄBIE [~]
Dubois west to south:
- No scheduled use after 28 August 2020
Pl. Bema north to east
- route 2 from Na Szańcach to diverted route towards Zajezdnia DĄBIE at 05:48 SSuX, 04:25, 04:57, 05:17 SSuO
- route 9 from Na Szańcach to Sępolno at 06:24, 14:36 SSuX
- route 17 from Na Szańcach to Sępolno at 04:35 SSux
- route 17 from Ogród Botaniczny to Zajezdnia Ołbin at 18:50 SSuX, 22:42, 23:22 Daily
- route 23 from Ogród Botaniczny at 21:09 SSuX to Kowale
- From Katedra east on route 10 at 18:24, 18:55, 20:37 SSuX, 23:43, 00:16 Daily [^]
- From Na Szańcach on route 16 at 04:27, 04:35, 05:51 SSuX, 05:05, 05:25 SO, 06:25, 06:45 SuO plus from Katedra south at 23:04 SSuX [^]
Pl. Berma West to East
- from Pl Staszica at 04:19, 04:51, 05:11 SSuO 04:27 SSuO to join diverted route 2, 04:09 SSuX 04:07, 04:27 SSuO on route 9 to Sępolno and 04:56 SSuO on route 17 to Sępolno [~]
Pl. Jan Pawla II north to west
- route 10 from Dworzec Nadodrze via Pl. Staszica to Lesnica at 03:52, 04:03, 04:20, 05:10 SSuX 08:24 SSuO [#]
- route 10 from Dubois towards Lesnica at 03:46, 03:57, 04:14, 05:04 SSuX [%]
- route 20 to Zajezdni Ołbin at 23:02 Daily
Pl. Jan Pawla II East to North
- route 20 from Rynek at 22.59 Daily to Zajezdnia Ołbin [@]
Pl Staszica North to East
A TSUL in October 2015 used by early and late Depot runs to/from Osobowice and Słowiańska [the final stop for Zajezdnia Ołbin Depot] by routes 14 & 24. The branch to Osobowice was closed as at September 2020. For a short period in August/September 2020 this curve was used by all routes 1 and 7 on diversion.
Pl. Stregomski avoider
Note standing on end plinthed Kreigslok by junction! The branch to Wrocław Park Przemyslowy was closed for engineering works in August 2020 so these are the 2015 timings.
- 09:26, 09:56 SSux from Zachodnia (Stacja Kolejowa)
- 13:27, 13:42 SSux from Wrocław Park Przemyslowy
Prudnika north to west
Newly constructed track opening on 22 June 2019 from Pulaskiego to Prudnika via an intermediate stop named Hubska (Dawida) is used by route 16. The normal south route terminus is Tarnogaj but the following journeys call at Gajowa so use a north to west curve north of stop Prudnika. Departures from Hubska (Dawida) for Zajezdni GAJ at 09:44, 22:40 SSuX or from Sanocka towards Stadion Olimpijski at 04:51, 05:43, 06:22 SSuX, 05:28, 05:55 SO, 06:15, 07:15 SuO [$]
In regular use by routes 0L, 0P and 4 from 7 November 2020 to "end of January 2021" due to work at Glowny.
Rynek North to West
- This curve is single track so only possible in this direction. Note the platform at Rynek is on the curve so to ensure complete track coverage you must travel from Pomorska to Pl. Jan Pawla II. Was in regular use in 2015 but not as at August 2020
Route 31 can be advertised on trams and stops as running to Krolewiecka which is 200 metres before the Stadion. All services are worked by double ended trams so as there is no pointwork at Krolewiecka, even if no event and all passengers have left the vehicle, they run to Stadion to reverse.
Świdnicka south to west
- Route 3 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:03, 04:10, 04:28, 04:53, 05:14, 05:50 SSuX 04:20, 04:25 SSuO
- route 10 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:25, 04:42, 04:57, 05:32 SSuX, 04:15, 04:28, 04:40 SSuO
- route 23 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:24, 04:39, 04:54, 05:09 SSuX, 04:59 SO,06:39 SuO
- route 33 from Świdnicka (Dom Europy) at 04:15, 04:30, 04:45, 05:00, 06:23 SSuX, 04:50, 05:10, 05:31, 05:50 SO 06:10, 06:30 SSuO, 06:50, 07:10, 07:30, 07:50 SuO
- Route 3 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 21:40, 23:00 SSuX, 23:40 SSuO
- Route 10 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 20:40 SSuX
- route 23 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 23:21, 23:28 Daily
- route 33 to Zajezdnia Borek from Świdnicka west at 20:45 SSuX, 22:34, 22:54, 23:13 Daily
The next two entries are single track so are only possible in one direction
Świdnicka east to north
- route 5 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Galeria Dominikańska at 22:58 SSuO
Świdnicka west to north
- route 10 to Zajezdnia Ołbin from Świdnicka at 21:02, 23:02 SSuX, 00:01 SSuO
Wrocław Głowny South to East
- route 0L 04:59 SSuX plus Route 3 at 04:31, 04:53 SSuX, 04:24, 04:44, 05:04 SSuO journeys towards Leśnica via Pułaskiego.
Note numerous other route 3 Depot runs go south to north at Głowny to and from the line of route at Galeria Dominikanska so August 2015 use of this curve eastbound was only confirmed by the driver manually changing the points.
- 23:45 Daily route 3 from Pułaskiego to Zajezdnia GAJ
[Wrocław Głowny -] Park Staromiejski south to west and east to north towards Świdnicka (Dom Europy)
- route 10 from Wrocław Głowny at 04:36 SSuX, 04:22 SSuO plus 04:18 on route 23
- route 10 from Świdnicka to Zajezdnia GAJ at 23:53 Daily, 00:01, 00:13 SSuX, 23:04:, 23:31, 23:53 SSuO, 00:13 SSuO
There is a complicated complete circle of tracks and junctions around the Square outside the PKP station with routes approaching from four different streets plus a Depot. The east side of the Square has no regular services and in 2015 one Route 24 service departing Plac Staszica did a complete anti-clockwise circuit to return towards Plac Staszica after booked calls at three different stops all named Nadodrze!
If a clockwise circular route OP tram is on layover and blocking the more direct south side route, other services from Pl Staszica towards Słowiańska [the final stop for Zajezdnia Ołbin Depot journeys] can run via the north side of the square and be the only trams to use the west to south, and east side north to south. This scenario happened on a Sunday evening journey towards Słowiańska on 18/10/2015.
- from the 22 August until 11 September 2020 route 7 northbound from Dubois were diverted via a single track south to east curve, south side west to north curve to the east side, south to west to the north side, and finally the east to west curve towards Pl Staszica and
- route 7 from Pl Staszica via a single track west to south curve to reach the normal route towards Dubois